John Pendlebury Leaves!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
botica

Re: John Pendlebury Leaves!

Post by botica »

pandasdad wrote:If Pendlebury has left, good riddance! His scouting barely extended beyond IRB because he couldn't be bothered to go any further.
Sorry Pandas dad i gotta say you are quite wrong there! John frequented our club in Chorley very often last season and early this season, more so than any other Wigan scout has ever done before. He realised Wigan were losing out to many players from Chorley to Saints and I am happy to say he was always polite and chatty and didn't just stand and watch the prem games either. Good Luck John x
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
pandasdad

Post by pandasdad »

Mintball Mick wrote:Why do I detect a feeling of sour grapes here?
You'd need to know all of the facts to understand how sour!
Linzi

Post by Linzi »

pandasdad wrote:
Mintball Mick wrote:Why do I detect a feeling of sour grapes here?
You'd need to know all of the facts to understand how sour!
I guess Panda wasn't as good as his dad thought!?!
HenPenKid

Post by HenPenKid »

Anyone know what Pengy is doing now? Is he involved in the game at any level?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

botica wrote:
pandasdad wrote:If Pendlebury has left, good riddance! His scouting barely extended beyond IRB because he couldn't be bothered to go any further.
Sorry Pandas dad i gotta say you are quite wrong there! John frequented our club in Chorley very often last season and early this season, more so than any other Wigan scout has ever done before. He realised Wigan were losing out to many players from Chorley to Saints and I am happy to say he was always polite and chatty and didn't just stand and watch the prem games either. Good Luck John x
I am not saying good riddance to JP in any way or form here Botica, however, I also heard from very good sources in Cumbria that his scouting in that area was not always at its best.
I heard from the horses mouth that he could also be quite unapproachable by accademy players after matches, where they were asking his opinion of how they performed or were progressing.
Just a comment, no ill feeling of JP, and I wish him well for his future too.