Amos' injured leg

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kiwiseddon

Re: Amos' injured leg

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Looking at the situation positively, Phelps is a good player and is probably itching to get back into the 17. He can slot straight back into FB and likewise with Deacon at 7 who IMO had his best game for us yesterday. It's also a factor that we have Salford, Sheffield and Harlequins over the next three weeks. It is a good opportunity to rest players anyway. We don't want to slip up but it's may be not as bad as we initially thought. Good chance to give the likes of Liam Farrell more game time too.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:For me Kiwi Amos 2010 is our X Factor. He can win games on his own for us in terms of attack.

The messages elsewhere are Amos out for 6 to 8 weeks and Tommy Lu Lu out for 2 to 3 weeks. Far better re Amos than I and many feared.
That would be great news, if true, compared to what was originally feared. If we can get Amos back in time for the Saints game in mid-June, I'd be happy.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Just heard that both Amos & Thomas haven't broken anything both have ligament damage.

Tommy will be out for 2 to 3 weeks & Amos up to 8 to 10 weeks.

Lockers back is okay.

:)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Great news Josie. Thanks.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
warrior1973

Post by warrior1973 »

Before Amos signed for us i had the chance to watch his career develop in Australia as i was living over there for several years. I was more surprised than anyone with his form last season but told everyone i knew that he'd come good....and boy as he come good!!!!. In fact his form this season has surpassed anything he showed in Aus and im sure a couple of months on the sidelines wont hinder that. The try he scored while sustaining the injury was pure class as to the ones against Cas. You could pick half a dozen past players that you thought you were watching stepping and avading defenders, a young Hanley springs to mind, or a Martin Offiah charnging direction without losing any pace!!!. Im sure McGuire and his team have got this guy wrapped up in cotton wool and before time we'll be watching him score more fantastic tries for us!!!. Man of steal contender?......
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

on't other site they are sayin Amos was in a well known coffee shop this afternoon, he was on crutches, no cast on but bandaged up. apparently said to the posters son that he was out for 4 to 8 week but wouldnt give any details of the injury.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"