Shenton

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
gpartin

Re: Shenton

Post by gpartin »

jobo wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Im not bowled over by Bridge, i thought Yeaman was going to be the real deal but he's gone a bit off the boil, his defense is excellent but again is blighted by his poor attack.

Senior is still one of the best despite his age.

To be honest if i think goulding would give any of them a run for their money, all this rubbish about his defence it was flawless vs leeds and espcially how he dealt with the kicks
:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
I really can't stand Chris Bridge at all, narky little turd and would hate to have him at Wigan regardless of how good he's meant to be. He gives away far too many penalties (although seems to have improved this year in fairness), cons the ref by diving and wriggling around in the tackle and moans about everything to the ref with a face on as if he's really hard done by all the time. He reminds me of Chris Smith who played for Saints years ago.

Goulding just keeps getting better and better and I'm really glad he's getting some game time. He's been treated badly in the past at times and hopefully the new coaching setup will be able to help him with any issues he has in his game rather than just banish him to the reserves or even worse, Salford :wink:. He's been able to show how creative he is this year and surprised me a lot with how much he's becoming a solid allround player.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Think we should stick with Goulding,or at least give him a good run in the side. Several reasons. He looks to be getting his confidence, like Joel Tomkins said it takes a while before you play to your potential in first grade. I know that it does not matter where your from, if you are good enough, but I would not be surprised in the near future if some dispensation cap wise for players coming through your youth set up was given. Quota and the contract he would demand all in all a very useful player to have.
I have always said that he was a scapegoat for Nobby. If we lost it was "Drop Goulding" even though several higher profile players played worse.
I do not know what level he will achieve but Shenton or Bridge are not going to give us much more. If we manage the team well the signings we should look for are icing on the cake types, for center a Gasnier or Lyon for example. Who knows with a decent run in the team, good coaching and the confidence that brings, he may yet turn into the star many predicted he would be.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Goulding over Bridge for me.

Daz V Bridge:

Appearences: 5 v 7.
Tries: 7 v 2.
Meters: 419 v 444.
Carries: 48 v 58.
Tackles: 21 v 135.
Runs from Dummy Half: 23 v 11.
Clean Breaks: 9 v 3.
Missed Tackles: 2 v 7.

Goes to show how well the team is playing when he only has to make 21 tackles in 7 games.
Th'eggchaser

Shenton

Post by Th'eggchaser »

There have been previous postings regarding Wigan signing Michael Shenton from Cas Tigers at the end of the season - for those that are interested it actually states on Wikipedia (sorry I don't know how to copy the link across) that MS has signed for St Helens next year. Don't know if Wikipedia is correct or not but thought some people may be interested to know.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Should this just not be in the Shenton thread on the rumour board?
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone at anytime just by clicking the edit page button so take it with more than a pinch of salt
R Douglas

Post by R Douglas »

Lenaghan's been quoted numerous times that the future success of Wigan will be built on a core of Wigan bred (or developed) players, supported by exceptional "imports", when it dictates.

I'm not too sure that Shenton qualifies as either.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

on his way to Saints according to some on the fantastic RLfans site
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

medlocke wrote:on his way to Saints according to some on the fantastic RLfans site
Good.