Petty bickering LOCKED

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
gillysmyhero

Re: Salary Cap !!! Look !!!!

Post by gillysmyhero »

cpwigan wrote:MMMMmm Well I have to say I am sceptical. The reason I say so is because yes we have wasted a lot of money but to the best of my knowledge he is on 60K this season so that would leave the rest needing to earn far too much.

Again to the best of my knowledge, Fielden and Gleeson are the 2 biggest earners. Coley on a 12 month renegotiated contracted by IFL is not likely to be a huge earner whilst Lockers deserves every penny he gets but I don't think his salary is anything silly. It might be a tad under what he is worth.
I also beleve Feka to be a pretty big earner as well.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

gillysmyhero wrote:
cpwigan wrote:MMMMmm Well I have to say I am sceptical. The reason I say so is because yes we have wasted a lot of money but to the best of my knowledge he is on 60K this season so that would leave the rest needing to earn far too much.

Again to the best of my knowledge, Fielden and Gleeson are the 2 biggest earners. Coley on a 12 month renegotiated contracted by IFL is not likely to be a huge earner whilst Lockers deserves every penny he gets but I don't think his salary is anything silly. It might be a tad under what he is worth.
I also beleve Feka to be a pretty big earner as well.
IIRC Feka reduced his wages last season or the season before, could be wrong though
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

cpwigan wrote:Done some checking and not true.
check Warrington's please!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I think Jims about right here and after thinking about it I'm not really that surprised.

I remember last year Phil Clarke saying the average (mean) salary of a RL player in a Superleague club was about 75K. So you could take virtually any 4 or 5 decent standard players (not your superstars) in a squad and you'd be pushing 400K.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

any body with any brains knows pryce is not 1 of the top earners at wigan ,theres no way if he was would wigan of extended his contract
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
TSB

Post by TSB »

Jonny Walker must be daft to give up his job of a Joiner to play the hardest game in the world for a measley 15k per year. Raise the salary cap and pay these guys a proper wage.
A poxy latics player earns only 20k a week :conf:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It's a tragedy in many respects that RL is the only sport, maybe profession where salaries have depreciated so much in the last 10-20 years.

People can say K Pryce is not a big earner but at 70K he is on a very good wage especially when you compare it to what young players are receiving. I know of 1 young player who turned down a contract offer of 1K. Conversely you then say but KP is not a big earner but Lockers gets 110K and Coley gets 80K so you start to ask yourself it is right for KP to get as close a salary to those players.

As Jim alludes 1.6 million is not a big pot when you start looking at how many players a RL club requires. Get your player signings wrong and it hurts you big time. Likewise injuries hurt you big time.

I read Stevo prattling about the number of Easter fixtures producing a low standard of RL. The small squad size and poor quality of those squads brought about by the salary cap is a far bigger factor. Without a salary cap, Castleford would have made some signing domestically and/or brought in some new overseas players. Had it not been for loans and dual lease imasgine how poor they would have been.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Karl Pryce is the highest paid reserve player in the country :angry:

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

josie andrews wrote:Karl Pryce is the highest paid reserve player in the country :angry:
Unless his recent 12 month extension to his contract was manditory, I dont think Madge would have continued with his services.
This bloke has sadly been a big let down, poor confidence or no poor confidence.
I bet many people on this would make cracking professional Rugby League players with his height and bulk.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Karl Pryce is the highest paid reserve player in the country :angry:
Unless his recent 12 month extension to his contract was manditory, I dont think Madge would have continued with his services.
This bloke has sadly been a big let down, poor confidence or no poor confidence.
I bet many people on this SITE would make cracking professional Rugby League players with his height and bulk.