bentham is a disgace

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
4bobs

Re: bentham is a disgace

Post by 4bobs »

What's the difference between 29th and 79th minute?

I'll have a wild stab at this, but maybe 50 minutes???
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

No straw damn us wrote:Bentham did NOT kick the ball away in petulance (Coley), Bentham did NOT give a stupid penalty away in the last seven minutes (Prescott, Bentham did not put a diabolical kick in with two minutes left (Sam Tomkins). I think Farrells sin binning was harsh, but under the current rules understandable.
His biggest mistake (probably Gansons) was missing Smiths knock in the Sam no try. Blaming the referee is a weak excuse for us not closing the game out.
Could not have put it better,we got beat in a game we should have won.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

For example, when OLoughlin was penalised for holding on after the tackle... his arm was clearly stuck between the ball carrier and the ball... the Leeds player refused to let him arm go whilst Sean was trying hard to get away... it was clear to see... Leeds had no advantage as Wigan were set? Penalty to Leeds... Maybe Sean should have a prosthetic arm next time to release it as not to give away a penalty. Result? leeds gain ground and another set deep in our half.

He has an egg head does BENTham
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jammie

Post by jammie »

just a thought watch the rfl really rub salt into the wound and ban coley for that so called spear tackle,that no balls bentham put on report,wonder if the review panel will want to see peacock or senior(no they won't)
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

In the last ten minutes, Gleeson was penalised for a flop for placing his hands on the tackled man - technically correct; but almost never enforced in every other match and something that leeds do constantly. At the other end Bailey pushed Sam over while he was trying to play the ball - clear penalty that (surprise, surprise) was not given. So he is either incompetent or he was cheating.

I think that CP is right - we have to make bentham feel uncomfortable when he comes to Wigan. If the fans really get on his back and put pressure on him then who knows; maybe he will start to make some better decisions; if not, then if he continues with his dismal performances then the RFL will have to do something. Or failing that he may decide to find another job.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
pie eater and proud of it

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

I concur with most on here, BENTham did us.

But what can we expect with the king of Wigan haters in charge - SCUMMINGS. :angry:
Salsa Caliente

Post by Salsa Caliente »

I think that Mr Bentham's performance yesterday should be examined in it's entirety.

It was a stop/start game where, unfortunately, the referee got star billing. If the RFL is serious about it's Respect strategy, then it should be two sided and where the games are subject to some "strange" decisions, the RFL refereeing panel should be transparent and explain those decisions.

Not only are the clubs we support responsible to the fans, but so is the League itself. Without fan attendances being as they are now, the League would be crippled in the current economic climate.

To the League I ask this, please get your act together and start making your refereeing panel more accountable to the clubs and the fans.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Bentham or no Bentham Wigan lost a game they should have won hands down .At times ,although you should not have to you need to play the referee as well as the oposition . Wigan failed to do that yesterday .

The one thing that reaal stuck in my craw was after Peacock got away scot free with what was common asault on Sam he and that other poor excuse for a rugby player Ryan Baily came together laughing and shook each others hand as if to say "GOT THE LITTLE UPSTART" I did not stand in the P*****G rain yesterday to watch clowns like that get away with murder .

A sending off was minimum sentence for that tackle IMO followed by a further ban from the RFL . But there again if that had happened he wouldn't be able to play for England in 2 weeks time (Scottish hat on) would he .

Can bring myself to except the defeat (only just)without feeling sorry for myself .What really saddens me is the thought that it takes away another chance of Pat Richards playing at Wembley . What is that man on , put simpley PAT RICHARDS IS DIFFERENT CLASS
2002 and EW is hooked
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

straw, you are begining to sound like you are related to Bentham. If this is not the case then why make it give people that impression!!!!!!!
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

sudokuwarrior wrote: straw, you are begining to sound like you are related to Bentham. If this is not the case then why make it give people that impression!!!!!!!
I am not related to Bentham it's just because I don't believe that he cost us the game. It was ours to hold onto and we weren't professional enough in the last ten minutes to do it. I'll bet that is 100% Maguires take on it. Don't blame the referee for our poor execution. It's a sign of mental weakness.