bentham is a disgace

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jackoh

Re: bentham is a disgace

Post by jackoh »

Name A good Ref. exactly none
bikerharry

Post by bikerharry »

I agree Benthams reffing of the game was unfair. 50/50 calls never seemed to go our way, the Farrell sinbin was a joke, Peacock should have been off and Senior for definate should have been a red card. You could hear on the TV Bentham say to senior "I know you didn't mean to do it!" I'm sorry, Joel is what 6'2", what did senior mean to do by kicking his feet that high in the air?
That all said, I did feel we were a little too negative in the second half. There were a couple of times when we had penalties and kicked for goal, and I'd have liked to have seem them go for the try or at least have six tackles on the line and put Leeds under pressure. In those conditions pressure that close to you own try line often leads to mistakes. I know it's knock out football, and the conditions were dreadfull, but I think if we'd have managed to get over midway throught the second half, it would have forced Leeds to chase the game and possibly open it up for us to score more. Ifs, buts and maybes though, we didn't deserve to loose, but unfortunately we did.
By the way, did anyone else think John Kears commentary was just a little Bias?
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

jackoh wrote:Name A good Ref. exactly none
Ganson is the only decent consistent ref.
If he had been in charge Peacock would have seen red, and probaly senior too.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

On the Thursday before the cup tie with Leeds, Bentham spoke to somebody on the phone and said categorically Wigan will lose. Steve Hampson was informed of the conversation and Shaun Wane has been looking into it.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Then I hope the RFL and the media have been informed
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

He didn;t do a very good job then - if we'd have managed to hit the ball downfield in our last set, we would've won

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
GBH

Post by GBH »

cpwigan wrote:On the Thursday before the cup tie with Leeds, Bentham spoke to somebody on the phone and said categorically Wigan will lose. Steve Hampson was informed of the conversation and Shaun Wane has been looking into it.
I was at the match and the refereeing was shocking! I doubt the above statement could be proved.. I wish it could as we would be rid of him
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

And the yanks never landed on the moon :cool:
ian b

Post by ian b »

cpwigan wrote:On the Thursday before the cup tie with Leeds, Bentham spoke to somebody on the phone and said categorically Wigan will lose. Steve Hampson was informed of the conversation and Shaun Wane has been looking into it.
not wanting you to get in trouble but how do you know this is true cp
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

ian b wrote:
not wanting you to get in trouble but how do you know this is true cp
The phone call/txt was recorded apparently. It was to a gentleman who is not from Wigan/Lancashire but very well connected and he passed the information to his mate from Wigan. Said mate was speaking to Hampo and Hampo told Wane who then rang the person from Wigan.