Re: Are you fed up with football moving rugby games?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

when are we going to realise.we are only LODGERS we dont own the ground.LATICS do so if they say jump we can only ask how high
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

oldtimer wrote:when are we going to realise.we are only LODGERS we dont own the ground.LATICS do so if they say jump we can only ask how high

:eusa9:
doc

Post by doc »

Every season the RFL organise our home fixtures around the PL fixtures and plan in a break for pitch maintenance. They have also somehow managed to ensure we keep getting away cup ties during these periods! The PL also arranged their fixture list around the known RFL fixture list. To be fair to the PL they cannot take in to account the play offs as the don't know who will finish in a particular position in SuperLeague.

The problem with this clash is all down to Whelan agreeing to switch the match to the DW on the Saturday. If he had arranged to play the Latics match on a Sunday there would not have been a problem. If Blackpool had forfitted the match or played it on a different date there would not have been a problem.

Whelan is forgetting that the council ,the rugby and a variety of public bodies funded the building of the stadium, not just him and the Latics. The money from the other parties was put in on the basis that the ground would be equally shared and this is patently not the case.
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

I expect the wheels to fall off the Latics bandwagon in a few years.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
northsbear

Post by northsbear »

It wouldn't happen in Australia lol I can't believe this !!!! Tell the soccer boys to piss off lol !!! Play hardball demand compo from the EPL or simply refuse to move the game im shocked at the attitude of the club in the 120 years of wigan has the ever been a worst performance weak weak weak !
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpSdAjuKvqU[/youtube]

55 seconds and 1:30 mins... 'must always be available for the poeple of wigan"

Im not doubting that Whelan, in his heart, is a massive rugby fan I think he truly is. just that his business mindset and the prestige of the premier league has overshadowed how much importance is given to the rugby. :conf:

Being open minded it must be difficult for him at times battling lenegan, his own directors, the premier league, the stadium officials etc...

just unfortunate set of circumstances... but in one or two years we'd have no problems at all! Wigan v St Helens... 23,000 or Wigan v Swindown Town, 4,000?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame