This is posted on blue board as well, I hope you agree for our town

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan&Proud

Re: This is posted on blue board as well, I hope you...

Post by Wigan&Proud »

Thanks a lot.
I know I'm in a battle and the premier league doesn't help. May have been easier if we were championship, the moving of games is scandalous, but football has sold it's self to TV. Even your own supporters come second. Every decent game, Sky get it.
I agree with you about the stadium, it should be shared properly. The game with Blackpool should have been postponed, but DW agrees to switch. The people at the top do nothing to help.
Wigan&Proud

Post by Wigan&Proud »

ancient&loyal:
I can see this is your forum and with the amount of posts you enjoy it.
Don't let me spoil it,
if you want to have a dig I won't take it personal. Go on then, I know you're dying to. :wink:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

it's not my forum i just enjoy contributing for several years as an equal.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Wigan&Proud wrote:Can I just reiterate, this post was specifically to "born & bred" Wiganers.

I was not going to post again, but I just want to let all "Wiganers" know what I am up to.

I have posted letters to Wigan Athletic, Wigan Rugby League, Post & Observer expressing ideas. If anyone wants to know my ideas, I will tell you.

"ancientandloyal"....I dont know if you are serious or sarcastic. I so much want to shout what's wrong with me just to make you take me serious.
we do want to know your ideas you obviously feel very strongly about it but having a go at ANL is hardly a great example of tolerance now is it. Instead of acting like everyone's out to get you on here why not try responding to those who are actually agreeing with you rather than expecting those who have held their views for years to change their minds after reading one or two posts. If people at least know what your ideas are they will be able to comment on those ideas rather than latics but I find it quite amusing that you criticise people on here for not supporting Latics when you seemingly can't make the effort to go watch your own town rugby team.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I'm glad he posted a letter to the latics as it seems to me to be more their problem than ours, insofar as putting right the only substantive bone of contention.
Lil Feka's Dad

Re: This is posted on blue board as well, I hope you agree for our town

Post by Lil Feka's Dad »

Wigan&Proud wrote: I have been to the International Air Tatto and celebrated was The Battle Of Britain. I did not take part, but suffered a few after affects.
As a celebration, they had a huge fly past with British Spitfires and Lancasters in tandem with the German aircraft that they were fighting at the time. The commentators comments brought a lump to my throat, "if the two largest foes in history can become friends in a United Europe, then that alone stand as a beacon to the rest of the world."
I am old enough to know what causes petty arguments, but how sad and quite embaressing that the town of Wigan can,t get along, but Great Britain and Germany can.
Thanks for your time, hope you understanding my reasons for posting.
Can I ask whether your lovely day out would have been just as enjoyable had the British Spitfires and Lancasters had to delay their take off for 2 days, or take off from a different air strip just so the German fighter planes could have the runway and airspace all to themselves? Imagine a situation where the highlight of your day was the anticipation of the fantastic sight of the British aeronautical engineering, but after you made and paid for your travel plans, you discover that the only planes to feature are the second rate German ones. Would you still be quite so gracious and idealistic?

I am not a born and bred Wiganer, but I have been around the town long enough to remember Rugby games played on a Friday night, and Football games played in the same ground on the following afternoon. Mysteriously this practice has stopped.
Wigan&Proud

Post by Wigan&Proud »

gpartin wrote:
Wigan&Proud wrote:Can I just reiterate, this post was specifically to "born & bred" Wiganers.

I was not going to post again, but I just want to let all "Wiganers" know what I am up to.

I have posted letters to Wigan Athletic, Wigan Rugby League, Post & Observer expressing ideas. If anyone wants to know my ideas, I will tell you.

"ancientandloyal"....I dont know if you are serious or sarcastic. I so much want to shout what's wrong with me just to make you take me serious.
we do want to know your ideas you obviously feel very strongly about it but having a go at ANL is hardly a great example of tolerance now is it. Instead of acting like everyone's out to get you on here why not try responding to those who are actually agreeing with you rather than expecting those who have held their views for years to change their minds after reading one or two posts. If people at least know what your ideas are they will be able to comment on those ideas rather than latics but I find it quite amusing that you criticise people on here for not supporting Latics when you seemingly can't make the effort to go watch your own town rugby team.
I have not criticised anyone for not supporting Latics. As for ANL, my final post to him was one of friendship and even teling him to have a dig at me for a laugh.
My first post was one which may have been too serious, so I thought via ANL, we could possibly bring some light hearted banter.
You say I can,t make the effort to watch my own rugby team, when have I said that? I was on Central Park a few times and my biggest memory was I always used to spill my pint because the plastic glasses were really soft. At the time, you couldn't drink at football.
Wigan v Bradford and the banter between the two sets of fans was about the ball going forward. I have been to Warriors in East Stand with my Latics shirt on.
I do make the effort, but I have only so much money.
If you would like me to show you, I will go to the next match. Either meet you or just wear Latics shirt and tell you where I will sit so you dont miss me.
I will post the replies to emails to both clubs, but here are some of my ideas for you to mull over:
First off, could we have both mascots at both games? The mascots entertain the kids, so it should promote better relation ship in future.
Second, Wigan Athletic are at home Easter weekend. Warriors are due to play Saints Good Friday. Would it be possible to postpone or switch the Latics match as a gesture of good will and allow Warriors total use of the stadium.
Third, could we advertise the sport in Wigan together? May be pictures of Warriors scoring a try, Latics scoring a goal and to the heading, Welcome To The Home Of Sport.
Fourth and my final suggestion on emails, was could we have as well as a Wigan Athletic and Wigan Warriors supporters clubs, a Wigan supporters club. Members of this would be of both sets of supporters and could discuss everything, arrange away travel and possibly have days watching each others favourite teams.

I dont expect people to change their minds purely on what I say, but at least if I can show im trying and prove Im doing all I can, then may be some will change. I would like to think im proving im genuine.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I dont mind watching the game of football played on the local park by guys who are trying their upmost,but i dislike the greedy professional players who act like prima donnas and/or spoilt children.Therefore have no interest in W.A. and could not care less whether they win lose or draw.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Totally agree with your sentiments WiganandProud.
I have got to say that I am surprised that more is not done to unite the two clubs, particularly given that Dave Whelan is "the biggest rugby fan in Wigan" as he openely declared on TV.
The way he conducts himself may sometimes lead people to believe that the main motivation in his life is money which can't be true, can it?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

To be honest I'm a rugby fan and therefore feel no need to take any notice at how Latics are performing in the Premier League, or whatever division they're in.

Fans can't be expected to pay attention of each others sport just because they ground share.

We've been forced to move play offs to other grounds, had our traditional derby game against Saints shifted from Good Friday and played large chunks of the season away from home to allow for pitch repairs.

If Latics gave a little in return they'd perhaps earn some appreciation from rugby fans.