Wigan v leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gillysmyhero

Re: Wigan v leeds

Post by gillysmyhero »

Kittwazzer wrote:Feka picked up an injury during the week. He put in an appearance in the SSB before the game!
Didnt know that thanks.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

gillysmyhero wrote:I thought Maguier made a mistake by picking Tuson instead of Feka tonight,IMO our bench was ordinary and non of our subs were going make a massive impact on the game like Feka could have.
Feka was injured.

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Lauititi should be brought before the RFL for trying to incite the fans in the east stand not once, not twice but 3 times. Oh I forgot.... its Leeds who can do NO wrong.
Dirty cheating BA****DS. I hate Leeds more than Stains.

Danny McGuire deserves an Oscar again for his acting :angry:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
halftimepie

Post by halftimepie »

Watched it again on Sky Josie and I have to say, Mcguire was definitely injured. Though nowhere near as bad as he made out. :eusa8: Feel completely robbed to be honest. Leeds will have lost all neutral support after that methinks.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

halftimepie wrote:Watched it again on Sky Josie and I have to say, Mcguire was definitely injured. Though nowhere near as bad as he made out. :eusa8: Feel completely robbed to be honest. Leeds will have lost all neutral support after that methinks.
remedial knee ligament damage according to Hetherington coming home in car in radio interview.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jaws1 wrote:
halftimepie wrote:Watched it again on Sky Josie and I have to say, Mcguire was definitely injured. Though nowhere near as bad as he made out. :eusa8: Feel completely robbed to be honest. Leeds will have lost all neutral support after that methinks.
remedial knee ligament damage according to Hetherington coming home in car in radio interview.
Bet he makes a speedy enough recovery :angry:
doc

Post by doc »

Thought we were doing OK til we lost Deacon. Our kicking game went to pot after he went off. Moving Lockers to stand off was a mistake as Mcguire is much faster than him and we also miss his defensive input. Would have been better putting Joel at centre, Gleeson on wing, Pat at Full back and Sam at stand off.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

doc wrote:Thought we were doing OK til we lost Deacon. Our kicking game went to pot after he went off. Moving Lockers to stand off was a mistake as Mcguire is much faster than him and we also miss his defensive input. Would have been better putting Joel at centre, Gleeson on wing, Pat at Full back and Sam at stand off.
Too many changes realistically
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 wrote:We lost through our own mistakes giving penalties ,dropping balls etc .
Ok ALibert was poor we had the chance and blew it ourselves .Just shows the void between Wigan and Leeds they are big game players.They have the class are a dirty side and get away with it
Dirty yes, class team - no. At the end of the day they had to take Carmont and Richards out with professional fouls on last play to win to match. That's not class. It's not even gamesmanship it's just outright cheating (there s a difference!).
The refs this season have bottled it big time the dissent that is coming from ther players should not happen its time Scummings got a grip and show whose the boss on the field .
This is a huge issue IMO. Leeds looked like a bunch of Premier League soccer players and it should have cost them the match because Albert should have marched then 10m back for dissent and that would have made that penalty kickable.

The trouble is this is happening in many games not just tonight and the game is the worse for it. Kids emulate the players and as my son has grown up I despaired watching how young kids would mouth off at the ref in soccer when he played and took pride in seeing the respect the given to the ref when playing rugby. This won't last in rugby if Sinfield and others (such as Briers) are allowed to drag the game into the gutter. Being able to march players back 10m is there for a reason and Albert and other refs need to use it.

Dave

100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Can't go back now, we just have to face it that the advantages that come with finishing top have been blown by losing tonight.

Simple facts are our defence was all over the place, once Deacs was finished for the night our kicking game became one dimensional and we got sucked into how Leeds wanted to play the game.

Just have to dust ourselves down, improve and get ourselves back on track ... starting on Friday night.