Tommy Leuluai

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Tommy Leuluai

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:If Tommy goes, we really need another quality hooker to replace Piggy.
And I am sure we will get one. Been a while now since we grabbed Gary Connolly off Stains.

James Roby anyone? :D
Nope :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

The problem with Tommy is that when he turns up he is World Class but sometimes he just doesn't turn up. There are some games Tommy has played in and you could give an entire account of the game and not need to mention his name.

Sam and Finch are much better half backs than Tommy and McIlorum could develop into a much better hooker than Tommy.

old hooker

Post by old hooker »

An oustanding player who we cannot afford to lose.One of his most important assets is that he one of the only No7s in SL that other teams cannot target in defence as he is able to put anyone on their backside.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Tommy does a lot of very hard work, often unnoticed as he does his job without being flash or demanding, as others have mentioned he can tackle anyone, and has no fear.
Roby? Not fit to lace Tommy's boots.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

MrDave wrote:The problem with Tommy is that when he turns up he is World Class but sometimes he just doesn't turn up. There are some games Tommy has played in and you could give an entire account of the game and not need to mention his name.
My view is the exact opposite of this. Particularly in previous seasons when we were losing stupid games left right and centre you could give an entire account of the game (mentioning stupid offloads, unforced errors and penalties) and not need to mention his name. With the number of serial underperformers we had who still got picked week in week out, it was down to the consistency of players like Lulu and the fact that certain players got injuries forcing them to make way for committed youngsters, that we managed to do as well in the playoffs as we did. I truly believe that these factors were as influential as any grand masterplan about peaking at the right time (or a fortnight too early if we're going to be honest about it).
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

Hopefully not true..... :angry:
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I would hate to see him go. He's been my favourite player for yonks now. He's may be not the most talented but I love watching him put that shoulder in. That tackle on Maurie Fa'asavalu a few seasons back was very special.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

He's a popular player and made to be a Wigan player on and off the pitch. Obviously his downfall is his kicking game (which, to be fair, was good in the GF) but that can be worked on. But I fear he may want a crack down under in 2 or 3 years time which is only natural... like Cesc Fabregas inevitably going to Barcelona :sad:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

MrDave wrote:The problem with Tommy is that when he turns up he is World Class but sometimes he just doesn't turn up. There are some games Tommy has played in and you could give an entire account of the game and not need to mention his name.
I agree but this season he has been much more consistent and has had several outstanding games. Previous seasons he was exactly as you say but like a lot of players under Madge his game has found a new focus. I think focus is the right word as well. I don't think he knew what was expected of him half the time in recent seasons and if he did he was being asked to play the game in a way that didn't play to his strengths.

Dave