New flags for next season!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiggydoran

Re: New flags for next season!

Post by wiggydoran »

Jimmy Brits said
Wouldn't have thought so mate, like Ste said, we dropped lucky with that day because no charities were lined up. We did well out of the collection and that will fund several flags. I think the South Stand gantry will look better next year because we'll have better quality flags across the length of the stand. There are 3 or 4 poor quality ones up there at present and we can now replace them.
Could you not acution off the old flags? I don't know who as ownership off them but this could raise money for new ones.
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

ste lord wrote:
Jimmy Birts wrote:Just a quick update folks. We've already taken delivery of 4 big flags for waving in front of the South Stand on matchdays and have ordered a massive Billy Boston flag, also for waving. These flags should look spectacular. Very Anfield Kop-esque. We are certainly putting something together here that'll be unique in RL circles
Have them Flares come for next season yet mate?? :wink: :)
I didn't know you wore flares Ste !!!! :lol:
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
southstander

Post by southstander »

Why not have a few flags on the big grey empty walls on the side of the southstand? Also a few back up ones for the empty spaces in the west and east?
'thats not a try thats a miracle!'
Aaron C. Rescue

southstander wrote:Why not have a few flags on the big grey empty walls on the side of the southstand? Also a few back up ones for the empty spaces in the west and east?
No way of securing them, we cant put any kind of fastener on to the concrete walls.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Aaron. Can I ask how Mr Whelan attaches his DW signs then? I think rather than flags these would be something more solid and left permanently? At worst surely Mr Wheland can put the Wigan RLFC club badge and the Wigan athletic club badge altermately on the concrete columms.

Personally love to sure a painted collage of our greats on them.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Just to add I have read some grumblers about your WCC Flag Idea. Just remind them Wigan paid PR girly to 'wave' flags just prior to the start of the Manly match. We have cheerleaders waving flags.

Waving flags at the start of each half is hardly the end of the world. Keep up the good work.
Aaron C. Rescue

cpwigan wrote:Aaron. Can I ask how Mr Whelan attaches his DW signs then? I think rather than flags these would be something more solid and left permanently? At worst surely Mr Wheland can put the Wigan RLFC club badge and the Wigan athletic club badge altermately on the concrete columms.

Personally love to sure a painted collage of our greats on them.
Most of our flags are a minimum of 10 x 6, this would require 3 'securing' points to hold each one level, we would need to drill into the concrete to do this which is not allowed (we have asked). We cant leave anything 'permanent'in the stadium, all our flags must be taken down prior to Latics playing, just as they dont have any of their 'logo's' on display inside the stadium on our matchdays, (we do leave the flags up when there is no football).I'm sure we would all love a collage of our greats in the stadium, but its not that simple, first, who would pay for it, the club wont,and as we have found out getting money and collecting it from the fans is no easy task !, who goes on the collage ?, ask 20 fans for 5 names and you would probably get 10/12 different ones,who would assemble it pre-match, and as I said before we cant leave anything in the ground after games so it would have to be removed each time we played,who's going to do that ?,most people just want to go home or to the pub after games, lots of fans have good ideas but few volunteer to put things into action.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I fall into that category Aaron. I often watch the game live then get home ASAP to watch a recording if televised. Plenty go in the SSBar though. That might be a good source of help etc?

Good luck anyway. I know you got lucky with the play off game but I think the club should give you a regular spot and also on any half time game each season. The club and all the fans benefit from your efforts IMO.
Aaron C. Rescue

cpwigan wrote:I fall into that category Aaron. I often watch the game live then get home ASAP to watch a recording if televised. Plenty go in the SSBar though. That might be a good source of help etc?

Good luck anyway. I know you got lucky with the play off game but I think the club should give you a regular spot and also on any half time game each season. The club and all the fans benefit from your efforts IMO.
Thank you, collections are 'booked' well in advance by different charities/organisations etc and authorized by the club, we have other ideas for fundraising starting with Saturdays anniversary 'do',this will help fund the special effort we intend to put on for the WCC, and new people are always welcome at our monthly flag meetings held in Wigan, fresh ideas and input are invited, anybody interested in helping should come along. :wink:

Jukey

Post by Jukey »

###### Apologies to all for the late notice ######
Due to unforeseen circumstances we have approx 6/8 tickets available for tonights Event!

If anyone is interested could you please leave a message on here and I can let you know the arrangements for this evening!

It promises to be a great night with around 130+ tickets sold!

There is Food (Hotpot/Curry/Lasagne and Hot dogs for the Kids) inc in the ticket price and The Disco & Bar will be on till late!

We have The SL trophy in attendance and the New Ultras Badge available for sale.
There will also be many prozes on offer on the evening for a small donation to the Fund inc 3 Signed Wigan Players Shirts, Stuart Fielden & Joel Tomkins Shorts/Socks from the GF, A stadium tour for up to 20 people, a Signed/Framed Parramatta Players Shirt plus Many More!