Lima's an idiot

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
onedego

Re: Lima's an idiot

Post by onedego »

I mustve been watching a different game for Ben Cross to appear in that list once, I saw 3 attempts by him to start a brawl, the first of those running in and punching Lima in the back of the head. Disapointing, RFL, very disapointing
emperorkel

Post by emperorkel »

Can somebody please explain why Lima has been charged for a tackle which could have caused injury but didnt and Carvell gets no charge for a tackle which was late, high and definately caused injury.
Also Cross gets no charge for a friendly tap on Sam and Long gets no charge because he threw punches which did not connect. The RFL is making a mockery of the sport in my opinion.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Yes it is making a mockery however I think I understand why, explanation:- RFL = Right Flippin Laughingstock!

Hope this helps you to understand too! :cool: :D :cool:
BriH

Post by BriH »

Why are we not surprised?
I sometimes think the disciplinary board take note of what Emmy Headings has to say.
The way Lima is going he won't play a game for us!
If I was Madge I would drop him and give one of the lads a chance (or bring back Karl Pryce?)
LooseHead

Post by LooseHead »

Lima being up before the beak is fair enough, but the lack of citing Ben Cross is astounding.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Probably a late addition to stop the mad slaphead looking stupid. The leg was raised and swinging forward when LIma pushed it back. There was no weight on it,
Jim
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It just beggars belief the range of offences that have NFA.

It appears to be a witch hunt against Wigan & especially Jeff Lima :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
onedego

Post by onedego »

Quite agree, Josie. It makes you wonder why any of our guys continue playing the sport.

Imagine, being stopped by the police every time you got in a car because you'd been caught speeding once... Pretty soon, you'd sack off the car and get the bus.
botica

Post by botica »

Lets see what happens when its judged.
I saw the leg lifted, it was not the standing leg we re-wound the play and froze it, if he gets a ban then it needs to be appealed. The referee didn't see anything nor did the touch judge until the leeds players ran in and he was asked. absolute joke he got a yellow.
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
gpartin wrote:Absolutely nothing his first impct was with the top of the leg and he slid down. The Leeds players made a mountain out of a mole hill and bought the sin bin.
I thought the ruling was to stop players putting any undue pressure on leg joints etc which can lead to serious injury.
What I saw of Lima in that tackle certainly put pressure on the leg joints.
I do agree the Leeds players minced it over the top.
May as well say tackling is only allowed above the waist then.
Any tackle anywhere near a joint will put undue pressure on it, unless you happen to tackle directly on the joint, in the same plane as the natural movement of that joint.
It seems to me to be another rule designed to penalise a tackling method that Wigan happen to do better than everyone else.
I dont disagree that Wigan seem to get penalised more than most other clubs, but this was a wreckless tackle, intended or not.