Gleeson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Gleeson

Post by cpwigan »

warriorwal wrote:He was at the KC on friday night having a chat with agar the orrible !!!
Gleeson is a huge mate of Long. If the 2 ever got together it would be dire for Hull IMO.
Wes

Post by Wes »

CP you seem pretty clued up, i have heard widnes in the mix because of his mate in the position of director of rugby (cullen) you heard out? im glad hes gone tbh but with current injuries etc his presence being missed is more over emphasised and we do need a short term cure.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

29wes28 wrote:CP you seem pretty clued up, i have heard widnes in the mix because of his mate in the position of director of rugby (cullen) you heard out? im glad hes gone tbh but with current injuries etc his presence being missed is more over emphasised and we do need a short term cure.
Juan Pablo said not to me privately. I am guessing he might not have anybody lined up yet. Plenty talking / offers but nothing signed.

Gleeson has far more to worry about off the field to be honest. He has crossed people who will if need be kill or have you killed.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Wish FM have just tweeted that Gleeson's training with Barrow Raiders.

HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I understand why fans are sorry to see him go but trust me if you knew what his attitude towards the WCC and how he spoke to Madge about it you would all be kicking him out the door yourselves.
I've seen his attitude cp & it stinks. It has been the same all his career, he thinks he is above everyone else for some unknown reason. I have never liked him, never wanted him & was really annoyed when we did sign him. I said to my niece at the time that he would let the club down sooner or later. Why did Saints get rid? Why did Warrington get rid? He is a bad egg & a bad influence on our young lads who think he is Jack the Lad.

Saints got rid due to the long match ban he had and warrington got rid because a lot of money and two (granted one of them mathers) players went in the opposite direction
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

thomo wrote:I am curious to know the team plans

Joel to centre, gaz hock to cover the gap in the second row?
Young centres to fill it this season - signing in the off season.

Hoffman to stay - Joel to centres long term?

Just feel two young centres is a big ask for the rest of the year.

Question - how do loan signings work on the cap - if we brnig on someone for one month short term do they have 'a full season cap value
I thought that the salary cap was now continuously monitored
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
Wes

Post by Wes »

It is its a live cap but as Dave O has mentioned and it is possibly correct if wigan have had to give him a payout to go quietly on good terms then that payout has to be deducted from the cap.

TBH it will matter not we have to fit Hock in under the cap and as I have said a few times I dont think there are any quality centres for sale.

One never knows however we could be suprised!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

29wes28 wrote:.
TBH it will matter not we have to fit Hock in under the cap and as I have said a few times I dont think there are any quality centres for sale.
I would be VERY surprised if Wigan were not aware that Hock's ban was completed this season and had not had any foresight whatsoever to have kept enough cap money to one side in order to resign him at such time it was possible to.

Are fan's suggesting that Gleeson was dismissed solely for the purpose of being able to sign Hock in a few months time or do fans accept that the club (who btw also have an overseas spot left) had already made contingency (salary cap-wise) for his impending return?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wes

Post by Wes »

hey butt no i think you are correct on the hock matter but no i think there is a lot more to the gleeson saga but considering all the rumours i think the club has had to cut ties but amicably, the more i think about it the more i think dave o is right would we have paid gleeson compo for leaveing the club on neutral grounds? if so that compo payment would count towards the cap would it not?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

29wes28 wrote:hey butt no i think you are correct on the hock matter but no i think there is a lot more to the gleeson saga but considering all the rumours i think the club has had to cut ties but amicably, the more i think about it the more i think dave o is right would we have paid gleeson compo for leaveing the club on neutral grounds? if so that compo payment would count towards the cap would it not?

And with both parties keeping "mum" over the amounts (for legal reasons) how could the RFL prove what amounts (if anything) did come from the cap for this season?

If Wigan were to say for example £20,000, how could anyone disprove that, knowing any financial arrangement with Gleeson would always remain secret?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!