Edwards for Wigan ??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kiwiseddon

Re: Edwards for Wigan ??

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Any thoughts on Wane as Head with Lam as an assistant? Or is that just an impossibility?
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Sutty wrote: We just can't compete with the Union media bandwagon and financial clout :(
At last! Some one has hit the nail on the head.

I'm not a fan of thinking all ex players will make good coaches especially those that have their coaching credentials in another sport (neither Faz or Rug Rat as head coach). Indeed Faz is "just" a skills coach at Sarries)

Has any one thought that these two may think going into SL would be a retragrade career step after their taste of true international sport and the accompanying profile (not to mention money)?

Even club RU puts SL to shame. Three times the salary cap, larger crowds, a proper WC, Euro cup etc. etc. Why come back to a game they no longer recognise and have no coaching expertise??
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

Doveoverdave wrote:
Sutty wrote: We just can't compete with the Union media bandwagon and financial clout :(
Even club RU puts SL to shame. Three times the salary cap, larger crowds, a proper WC, Euro cup etc. etc. Why come back to a game they no longer recognise and have no coaching expertise??
Larger crowds????
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I agree re the lure of Union DOD but I do think you are wrong re crowds and most importantly capability to coach in RL. IMO, nobody has more RL knowledge than Shaun Edwards, Faz ranks pretty damn high up too.

However, would I appoint either over Wane as head coach. No. I think Edwards reminds me of Alex Murphy and gets frustrated at players not being able to play the game to his standard. Edwards has stated he is not in the race, he has also backed Waney.

At the present time we have Waney capable of being a head coach, we have a fantastic player manager in Rads, a world class conditioner and beneath that dedicated, keen but not first team coach material. So we need some future coaches for 5, 10 years time. Faz might fit that, Deacs might fit that. We do need some succession though.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Kiwiseddon, i went for waney for the stability and he will carry on a lot of ideas from Madge, plus have a few of his own.....also he has a no nonsense attitude to playing. Good call for Lammy as well