Pat Richards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Woodentop07

Re: Pat Richards

Post by Woodentop07 »

It is in the rugby paper (rugby union weekly paper) that London wasps are now looking to sign Pat when his Wigan deal runs out.
I really hope we can keep hold of him!
Wigan til i die!!
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

If i won the lottery, i would buy him myself :D :D
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

do you know what DaveO i agree, since the fans through the sale of tickets and other stuff are actually paying the players wages.. therefore they should be entitled to know what is going on
onedego

Post by onedego »

I know everyone loves the club, and loves the players, but at the end of the day we pay the club. The club then decide where best to inject the funding from ticket & merchandise sales. We're customers of Wigan Warriors RLFC Ltd (or whatever type of company it is), you may give thousands of pounds to ASDA each year, but it doesn't give you the right to know who they're employing at the tills.

Simply put, if you're not a share-holder, it's nothing to do with you. We should enjoy the here and now, and look forward to the future, whoever may be in the squad.

Personally, I hope Pat does stay, but if he does chose to go elsewhere when his contract ends, fair play to him and i'll wish him all the best, we'll struggle on by and go on winning.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Off-skew but we certainly have missed Richards this season with the kick/try and the goalscoring with Deacon out. Wigan were at the bottom of the goalscoring charts until recently but now with Pat back we're gaining those extra 2 points that do add up in the end.

Obviously Warrington can finish the season now and still be at the top with Hodgson's record this season.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Obviously, the 'fans' are the club but I also think so many statements in the press are as Weststand Rich states inconsequential 'window dressing' other than the important reality, Pat has not yet signed a new contract.
botica

Post by botica »

I do hope we can retain our Man of Steel. He just back from injury and already getting up the list on the top point scoring table.
Wigan really do need to pull out the stops and keep hold of Paddy... Come on Wigan!! Do the right thing
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
BriH

Post by BriH »

Ondego your right about the Fans being customers ultimately - you pays your money to get on the ground to watch your team: the "product" if you will.
However, there is a big difference between buying a tin of beans in Tesco and watching your Team! There is a very strong connection between the Speckies and the Club so we Speckies have a vested interest in the Club ultimately, and the Chairman recognises that as do the Coach and players.

Changing the subject: did anyone see Pat on "A question of Sport"? The into showed Pat scoring a couple of tries and he did OK.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Missed it unfortunately, was out last night. Tried to watch it on iplayer, but as yet it is unavailable! :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

the winky one wrote:do you know what DaveO i agree, since the fans through the sale of tickets and other stuff are actually paying the players wages.. therefore they should be entitled to know what is going on
Does that mean that everyone who has phone and broadband with Talk Talk is entitled to know what's going on with my salary negotiations? Seeing as I'm employed by Talk Talk and it's, ultimately, our customers that pay my wages etc.