Will we have to play Cas on Sunday?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Red Hot Mama

Re: Will we have to play Cas on Sunday?

Post by Red Hot Mama »

I'm not in favour of this game at all. I enjoy Internationals but not at the cost of our club. It would be better served before the 4 Nations games as a warm up but not in the middle of our season. Yet again it shows the discrimination towards the bigger, better clubs who have more players selected by a vertically and intelligently challenged so called England coach who couldnt win a raffle.
Brian's Girl

OJ

Post by OJ »

Extract from the sporting life article on Tommy -

Warrington's Michael Monaghan and St Helens' Josh Perry have been omitted as their clubs already had three representatives in the squad, while Catalan's Steve Menzies has been left out owing to fitness concerns. Leeds' Brent Webb has also missed out.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... ml&BID=480
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

OJ wrote:Extract from the sporting life article on Tommy -

Warrington's Michael Monaghan and St Helens' Josh Perry have been omitted as their clubs already had three representatives in the squad, while Catalan's Steve Menzies has been left out owing to fitness concerns. Leeds' Brent Webb has also missed out.

Warrington's Michael Monaghan and St Helens' Josh Perry have been omitted as their clubs already had three representatives in the squad

This is what I find galling. I complained about such things at the time in the General section.

With Wigan already providing Lockers, Sam, Joel and now McIlorum, one will have to drop out, but with another three: Pat, George and TL in the exiles squad we could see 6 players at risk :(

If the whole idea was to show the strength of SL (and provide competition for places in the forthcoming four nations) surely their should have only been three players for either squad from any super league team?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

I will be interested to see how the 2 respective coaches use the interchange. Would not be surprised to see most of the Wigan players doing a full 80 and the Leeds/Warrington old guard getting frequent rest time by Mac & Mac.

Would not mind if a 24 hour flu bug sweeps over Wigan on Thursday .
2002 and EW is hooked
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

And as for Danny (Braveheart) Brough . I really am gutted for the lad.
2002 and EW is hooked
Wes

Post by Wes »

We play a mid year international every year only difference is against a country so clubs only lose 3-4 players max, I think we need to get over this as all the negativity and moaning isnt going to prevent the game from happening!

To make it a fairer crack of the whip this game should have a knights vs france undercard (knights containing players from clubs not effected from england team) that way every club in SL would have a minimum of 3-4 players away!

As for the comment regarding aus origin yes there games are on a weds but they also have less games in a season.

Players love backing up and with Wigan, Wire, Stains, Hudds, and Leeds all losing roughly the same amount of players nothing at the top will change much because of this game as they are all in the same boat anyhow! Also we dont have to let all our players back this game up we can give a couple a breather and bring in some youth against Cas because IMO Cas have injuries in the pack too and we should have too much for them however we have 3 tough games to follow in Stains Hudds and Leeds.

I cant argue with Steve (not proven at club level) McNamara comments though how he got this gig is beyond me, I honestly dont think any of our amatuer teams would have him!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:Can't believe people are only just showing concern on here. I voiced my opinions as soon as this daft fixture was announced....
Same here.
deancartwright1990

Post by deancartwright1990 »

according to kris radlinski if no injuries are picked up all will be backing up
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

dont think george will be playing back to back games and if sam had a dead leg pull him out
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

butt monkey wrote:
OJ wrote:Extract from the sporting life article on Tommy -

Warrington's Michael Monaghan and St Helens' Josh Perry have been omitted as their clubs already had three representatives in the squad

This is what I find galling. I complained about such things at the time in the General section.

With Wigan already providing Lockers, Sam, Joel and now McIlorum, one will have to drop out, but with another three: Pat, George and TL in the exiles squad we could see 6 players at risk :(

If the whole idea was to show the strength of SL (and provide competition for places in the forthcoming four nations) surely their should have only been three players for either squad from any super league team?
IIRC wasnt the 3 player cap only for the Exiles team? I didnt hear that there was any limits for the England team and that SM could choose who he wanted...