Gaz Hock is back v Hudds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
missyme65

Re: Gaz Hock is back v Hudds

Post by missyme65 »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:If Hock is ready he will play, if he is not he will not play, let's just trust MM, SW and MB on this decision. In their tenure so far they have not got much wrong and I trust their decision completely. I for one want him to be involved for sure. :wink:
couldnt have put it better myself!
softy southerner finds the holy grail...
mickh

Post by mickh »

I hope Hock does play at some stage during the match if selected.
How many times do you think Mr Eddy and Stevo will mention his past indiscretion during programme, even fronting a debate on the subject?
I hope Hocky plays out of his skin!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This is what annoys me with those two they consistently keep bringing up players past discretions.

"Drug cheat Gareth Hock"

"Drug cheat Terry Newton"

They forget to mention anything that these lads have achieved in their playing careers just what mistakes they have made.

I have never heard them refer to jailbird Ryan Bailey or cartridge swindler Gareth Raynor or "drug cheat" Ryan Hudson or wife beater
Stuart Rearden??? :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

josie andrews wrote:This is what annoys me with those two they consistently keep bringing up players past discretions.

"Drug cheat Gareth Hock"

"Drug cheat Terry Newton"

They forget to mention anything that these lads have achieved in their playing careers just what mistakes they have made.

I have never heard them refer to jailbird Ryan Bailey or cartridge swindler Gareth Raynor or "drug cheat" Ryan Hudson or wife beater
Stuart Rearden??? :angry:
Couldn't agree more Josie, one of my very first posts was my opinion on the whole Gaz Hock saga and I was more or less saying what your saying in the above post. So frustrating because don't get me wrong illegal drugs is completely unacceptable but so are many other things that seem to get brushed under the carpet alot easier. :eusa17:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Slag him off as much as you like, we all have our indiscretions. Better to have him playing for us than lining up against us, which given his quality, would definitely have happened. I've read posts on other forums with opposition fans slagging him off, but they'd all give their right hand to have him playing for them!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Maguire To Decide On Hock

Warriors Head Coach Michael Maguire will decide later in the week whether to select the returning Gareth Hock for Saturday's Big One 3 home fixture against Huddersfield Giants, 5.45pm kick off.

Hock officially completes his two year suspension from the game on Thursday and is eligible to figure against the Giants.

The Warriors held their pre-match press conference at the Co-operative Community Stadium on Tuesday and Michael said,

"He'll be part of the squad,whether we go with him or not, we'll decide later in the week.

"We'll see how everybody else pulls up. He's close, there's a chance but we're also aware that the team performed pretty well on the weekend. It's about whether we're going to roll that squad around.

"It's a bit of a funny situation with no 20's so you can't blood him and I wouldn't want to put him out on loan.

"We all know what Gaz can do, it's just a matter of giving him an opportunity, whether that's this week or the next couple of weeks."

"He's done everything asked of him. He's been with us for the last couple of months and worked extremely hard, with extra sessions and all the little things to learn the new style and the way we're playing."

Tickets for the game are still on sale and can be purchased from the DW Stadium,by calling 0871 66 33 552 and online click here

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wes

Post by Wes »

Wasnt that interview given before the Tuson ban, hell be in the 17 :wink:
thomo

Post by thomo »

dont think it will be a bad bench on saturday ' gaz hock, micky mac, andy coley and Paul Presccott - that will do me nicely - should match whatever they bring off the bench
wrighty13

Post by wrighty13 »

what about Gaz at centre ?
Wes

Post by Wes »

NO NO NO NO NO NO, he should play at Prop/2nd Row Joel is doing a very good job at centre and improving every game!

Also to interchange him from centre would be sacrilidge centres need 80 minute games and IMO hock will give us a very good 40-50 to improve upon as he gets more games.