Match tonight.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
onedego

Re: Match tonight.

Post by onedego »

probably for his own good he didn't play tonight... I could've seen that ending in a lengthy ban!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Just switched the match on. Impressed with the Robinson and Offiah tries.

Mildly simmering at this point! :(
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Kittwazzer wrote:Just switched the match on. Impressed with the Robinson and Offiah tries.

Mildly simmering at this point! :(
A beer and a sit down, safe in the knowledge that 2 points are in the back pocket might reduce you to a gentle rolling boil. :wink: :D
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Heading in that direction Kiwi. Match about to kick off!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cherry.pie wrote:I'm not sure how Finch was given man of the match. He was our own worst enemy as usual when things were going badly and his kicking game was just shocking.
All our kickers were poor but he probably got it for that pass to Carmon for his try. Fantastic.

Deacon was also very poor and I'm not surprised he got taken off, I think Madge needs to leave him out against Cas and I really hope he doesn't just stick Lockers at 6. It's a big squad and he should use it.
Leeds targeted Deacon and pretty much made Sam anonymous at full back (good sides do this and its why he's not a 1 but a 6....). They had done their homework and some credit must go McDermott. He must have watched the Hudds game and made a plan.

Add that to Albert and him letting Leeds get away with murder around the tackle and PTB and for me thus was like Hull FC at the DW MkII.
It's a shame that Prescott got injured, he was looking like our best prop only to hobble off straight from the kick off in the second half. I think Hock should replace him at prop and Farrell should come in for Tuson. Our 3 remaining props having to work extra hard doesn't help when there's a midweek game though.
I agree I think both those should play and I also hope its not Lockers at 6 if Deacon does not play.
O'Loughlin would be my man of the match.
He was very good and got through a mountain of work as usual.
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

Thought Finch was very good again tonight. His ability to fix defenders and create space for guys on the outside is raelly starting to show. His kicking game for the most part was good.Some clever mid length kicks to find space. It's very hard for anyone to find the floor v Brent Webb when kicking from your own 30.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

yoda warrior wrote:Thought Finch was very good again tonight. His ability to fix defenders and create space for guys on the outside is raelly starting to show. His kicking game for the most part was good.Some clever mid length kicks to find space. It's very hard for anyone to find the floor v Brent Webb when kicking from your own 30.
I am more and more impressed with Brett. Remember his debut? Lump on him for MoM against Wire in the CC! :D
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

That could be the worst referee performance of the season.

He gave the whinos mystery penalties and let them get away with murder. High shots, interference, lying on, never back ten or square, kicking out and more chicken wings than KFC.

The professional fouls on Pat jumping for the ball should have seen sinfield in the bin and as maguire followed suit, it was clearly a tactic that mcdermott had coached.

We bombed a couple of chances and could have played far better than we did. The whinoes couldn't have played much better (maguire's dropped ball aside) and still didn't win. CP is right, peacock is a shadow of his former self.

I really do hate leeds more and more every time we play them!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Matthew wrote:I really do hate leeds more and more every time we play them!
I am of the same mind. I respect Saints. I enjoy the rivalry. Leeds are an annoyance. Maybe subconsciously it's because I can't stand Hethrington and his meddling. Who knows but my dislike of Leeds is certainly not some sort of begrudging respect for a team who give us a game.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Watching it now, just got to half time, Halibet is unbelievably bad, just hasn't got a clue.
What on earth was Eddie Hairdye going on about saying Wigan have never won a match this season after being behind at HT, er Wigan 4- Hull 10 springs to mind, without checking further.

Halibert :with: :with: Eddie
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#