Worst fears re Hoff confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

Re: Worst fears re Hoff confirmed

Post by OJ »

Gutted but not surprised and at least he has been open and honest all along. Sorry to see you go Ryan but you have been a pleasure to watch and appear to have given 100% at all times and I can only wish you well.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Just heard cp...gutted but wish him well and thank him for the hard work he has done for us. :cry: :cry: He has been superb.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Its a shame that Hoff is going, lets just hope he gives his all for the rest of the season.
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Its a shame that Hoff is going, lets just hope he gives his all for the rest of the season.
It's the only way he knows how to play :cool:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
GBH

Post by GBH »

Real shame the guy is an awesome player never gives up!
Feel the club have slipped up not announcing the new manager leaving room for doubt in Hoff's mind!
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
Wes

Post by Wes »

I dont think there would have ever been a doubt GBH if Storm come in for him, home town club and hes a proud lad, if Storm could not afford him and it was a choice between Wigan and any other NRL club I think he would have chosen us all day long!
Sam Panapa ate me pie

Post by Sam Panapa ate me pie »

Gutted to hear the news.

From what I remember wasn't it always quite clear from the beginning he was only here for a shortish time for the experience...

Love his barnstorming runs... from my seat I can always tell even at the other end of the field from the way he runs through people that the Hoff is off.

The short ball between him and Finch has been a great weapon also.

Have no doubt he will give it his all for the rest of the season.

FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Shame to be losing the Hoff, but fair do's to the bloke, he hasn't left us dangling, or made a last minute decision, so at least we can plan to recruit
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Oh bugger.What an head liner to come home to! One of the best Aussie imports we have had on our books for years.A real grafter and professional.I can understand his desire to return to Storm as that is where his heart is.Still a body blow though!Lets just hope that the boys can send him home with a GF winners medal etc.Personally I would make him currently ahead in the player ratings.And not for sentimental reasons I hasten to add. :D
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

From the outset Hoffman was the most effective signing from the 3 Storm players. He has been brilliant all season.
The interaction between Finch & Hoffman is really coming good, as it promised to do all season.
I wasnt a lover of Jeff Lima initially, but I cannot knock his effort on the park now, more so now the indicipline has gone, albeit the merry whistlers fault or not.

My concern is why we sign players on a one year contract, knowing they will most likely leave and the disruption it causes when they do.
The Hoff has gone and we must look to see where his replacement comes from. Hopefully we have enough strength from within our ranks.
I just hope the pull of Hoffman returning to Melbourne/Australia does not attract Finch & Lima to do so too.