Your team V Dire??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Your team V Dire??

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Kiwiseddon wrote:I think it was impossible to say how Cross would go prior to the Wakey game. I knew nothing about him other than he was way down the pecking order at Leeds before his release.
What's nice is that regardless of our preconceptions, he went out and had a very solid 30-40 mins. There is no way the prop I saw playing in cherry and white is a worse player than Ryan Bailey!
He's here now and will certainly add a bit of biff to our front row. He's only here for a few games so i think we use him as a battering ram to smash up some opposition and if he gets injured, hey ho, nothing really lost.
It was also nice to see how he responded to the fans against Wakey. He has obviously felt out of sorts at Leeds and I reckon he's got quite a bit to prove in these remaining few games.
I think his mentality is very much that of a winner just like MM and the majority of Australians as a whole. I never once criticised his signing but on the other hand I never endorsed it either, I just think when a person like Ben Cross has something to prove to the ENGLISH RL SCENE then that could be a very frightening thought for his opposing players, so all I can say is that is a massive plus for WIGAN and Ben go and PROVE away till your heart and head are content.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

1. Sam
2. Josh
3. Joel
4. George
5. Paaaaaaaaat
6. Finch
7. Deacs
8. Lima
9. Tommy
10. Coley
11. Hoff
12. H
13. Lockers

14. Mickey Mac
15. Mossop
16. Cross
17. Hock

We have to start Deacs to hopefully help us get early control of the game, Mossop from the bench because at the moment he is getting the most yards for us so when Dire tire he could be unstoppable, Hock from the bench could be unplayable as the game becomes more open, assuming Preccie and Fielden are not fit then Cross gets the nod although he would get it anyway for this game especially and finally have to have Mickey incase of an injury to Deacs plus he is playing well at the moment and we might need him defensively towards the end.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wes

Post by Wes »

I knew you was winding me up but now we have him Ill be behind him and as you rightly point out he does add a bit of biff up front and I really would start him and Coley with the both of them having one intention, shut Morley Westwood and Carvell up, I would also have Tommy at 9 to start and say to him your New Zealands 1st choice hooker mate go out there and show Monners why!

Once Morley has been subbed sub Cross and Coles and bring on Mossop and Lima to start making the hard yards when they bring Morley back stand up Ben Cross!

The key to beating these men is to keep there pack and Monners quiet get in front win the arm wrestle and they crumble and hey if Salford can do it then Im sure as hell we can!

COME ON !!!!
OJ

Post by OJ »

The sack of spuds with a tash has upset the folk on the Dire board http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby/view/2 ... he-Wolves/
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

TrueBlueWarrior

Love it!
warrior1989

Post by warrior1989 »

1. Sam
2. Josh
3. Joel
4. George
5. Pat
6. Finch
7. Deacon
8. Mossop
9. Tommy
10. Lima
11. Hansen
12. Hoffman
13. Lockers

14. Mickey Mc
15. Gaz Hock
16. Cross
17. Coley

It was hard to pick subs but i think we have to have the most experienced side we can out.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

OJ wrote:The sack of spuds with a tash has upset the folk on the Dire board http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby/view/2 ... he-Wolves/
Are we sure that is really Gary Schofield who has written that article???

I am very surprised, as he never has anything good to say about Wigan :conf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wes

Post by Wes »

josie andrews wrote:
OJ wrote:The sack of spuds with a tash has upset the folk on the Dire board http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby/view/2 ... he-Wolves/
Are we sure that is really Gary Schofield who has written that article???

I am very surprised, as he never has anything good to say about Wigan :conf:
Sometimes Josie there is just no defying the inevitable, even if you hate what the future holds! :lol:
stateoforigin

Post by stateoforigin »

1 Sam
2 Josh
3 Joel
4 George
5 Pat
6 Deacs
7 Brett
8 Coles
9 Tommy