What does Wembley mean to you?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: What does Wembley mean to you?

Post by cpwigan »

My father used to have tears running down his face when Abide With Me was sung TEW and he was not a man known to cry. We even had it at his funeral because it meant so much to him.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

IT MEANS WERE GOING HOME AT LONG LAST and me and my mates and our 13year old sons are going to have a blast for the weekend COME ON WIGGIN!!!!
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
the winky one wrote:
the winky one wrote:I think it was the last time we won it in 2002 against
the dreaded enemy.
According to the media, and indeed the Saints club,we had
no chance whatsoever.In fact I remember being afraid to watch it.
The look on the Saints players faces as they
sunk to the floor at the end was just priceless.
They really believed they had a divine right to the cup and were totally gobsmacked....brilliant..just bloody brilliant! :D Obviously the eight in a row is another good memory, and 27-0.but that one in 2002 will stay with me forever. :thum: :thum:
ps.. the saga of Kris Radlinski and his foot in the same game,and he had a towering performance winning the Lance Todd :wink:
That was murrayfield not wembley, were you that bladdered you where staring into a buxom blondes cleavage and thought it was the twin towers or something :lol:

AAAAHHH!!! So embarassing! I mis-read the question :redf:
And I hope I wasn't staring into a buxom blondes cleavage.....unless it was a mans of course :wink: :wink:
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

I have never been to Wembley to watch an Rugby league game, been there to watch Bolton 3 times,

1st time -v- Liverpool (1995 in the league cup final) I was 8 or 9, and drank a load of free cola but lost 2-1.

2nd time -v- Watford (1999 in the playoff final) Lost 2-0 and it was rubbish)

3rd time -v- Stoke this year in the FA Cup, dont wanna talk about the score :blush:

Also been to watch the NFL in 2007 Miami -v- New York Giants.

Really looking forward to finally going to see the Warriors there.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

1965 as a 13 year old, Wigan v Hunslet. Got it on video and it's still a great game (don't believe all the "up the jumper" stuff).
1984, lost to Widnes but they were an ageing team, we had a 17 year old Shaun Edwards. I said to my wife on the way out, "We'll be back!"
1985 with an 8 year old son with tonsillitis and a temperature of 101 degrees. "He'll be ok", I said. He still managed to scream "Give it to Fergie". They did, we won!
2002 (Yes I know it wasn't at Wembley!). The Radlinski's toe final. What a feeling . . underdogs and outplaying Saints . . does it get any better?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

My one and only time at wembley was when it was reopened, the stains v catalan game. not a gd result but a great day with a coach load of wiganers and we stoped over too and had a fab night wi me in full highland dress :lol:

Happy Days :lol: :lol: :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

I'll get back to you about it means after Saturdays game as it will be my first time. Getting really excited about the Saturday and I can't think about much else really, dreaming about the cup final sure beats tugging :neut:
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

morley pie eater wrote:1965 as a 13 year old, Wigan v Hunslet. Got it on video and it's still a great game (don't believe all the "up the jumper" stuff).
1984, lost to Widnes but they were an ageing team, we had a 17 year old Shaun Edwards. I said to my wife on the way out, "We'll be back!"
1985 with an 8 year old son with tonsillitis and a temperature of 101 degrees. "He'll be ok", I said. He still managed to scream "Give it to Fergie". They did, we won!
2002 (Yes I know it wasn't at Wembley!). The Radlinski's toe final. What a feeling . . underdogs and outplaying Saints . . does it get any better?
Can't believe you didn't mention your favourite son getting you kicked off a Caravan club site in Edinburgh for having a wee in a bush at 3 in the morning.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

white elephant

Post by white elephant »

Wigan Rugby League Club and Wembley go hand in hand. This is what it means to us!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KOl-SlUkpQ

AMAZING!! :thum: :thum: :thum:
WIGAN TILL I DIE

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

white elephant wrote:Wigan Rugby League Club and Wembley go hand in hand. This is what it means to us!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KOl-SlUkpQ

AMAZING!! :thum: :thum: :thum:
thanks for promoting my video :D

thats what it means to me that vid more or less. Been Wembley 5 times (1 was GB v Aus) and now im older with a family it will be great! Just waiting for the roar after Abide with Me
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame