What does Wembley mean to you?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gpartin

Re: What does Wembley mean to you?

Post by gpartin »

josie andrews wrote:Abide with me is a funeral hymn & makes me sad :(

Think there should be a more uplifting tune used as well, but that's just my opinion.
Abide With Me is massively uplifting to me, that's the nature of music it affects different people different differently, Nothing gets the hairs standing up on the back of my neck and adrenaline pumping round my body more than thousands of people singing it.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

endoman

Post by endoman »

cpwigan wrote:My father used to have tears running down his face when Abide With Me was sung TEW and he was not a man known to cry. We even had it at his funeral because it meant so much to him.
I'll be blubbin like a baby tomorrow, no comparison for me as to what means most re this and Grand Final, loved OT last year, but this is a different level.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

To summarise, Wembley is a fantastic experience to share with as many people as you can who mean the most to you!

Tomorrow, we will all be in the company of the first 50,000 of our best friends! :)