BBC COVERAGE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the winky one

Re: BBC COVERAGE

Post by the winky one »

yokozuna wrote:Coverage was dire.

Camera work terrible and they often showed us someone they were interviewing rather than the match that was going on.

Jonathan Davies is awful as a pundit. He excels in utter tripe. Balding knows nothing about the game so should refrain from commenting on it.

Yes, we scored a try off the back of a forward pass, but so did they. It happens.

I'm sure we won both halves of the game, but according to their comments Leeds trounced us in the second half.

Fully agree with you about showing us people they were
interviewing instead of what was going on on the field
so that very often you hear the whistle,but don't know what it's for.That has been annoying me for a long time.
Also I realised long ago that for Wigan to win,they need to beat the crowd,the ref,
the commentators,the touch judges and video ref....otherwise they have no chance.
:huh: :huh:
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

and Tony Lulu plays for us also!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

But Leeds lost the game when Jamie Jones Bishop kicked on the second! :lol:
mackie1981

Post by mackie1981 »

They were all saying wigan got the rub of the green. What about the incorrect play the ball that led to one of the leeds tries (think it was the first), the guy (not sure who)didnt regain his feet before playing the ball led to a break and a couple of plays later they scored.

I am also sure i saw Buderus attempt a 'Chicken Wing' Takcle on mosssop just after mossop had come on.

Then there was bailey being bailey.

but none of this was seen by the impartial BBC have they all spent too long with John 'I Hate Wigan ' Kear

Oh and dont get me started on Leeds off side
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

My biggest gripe was the way he let the whinos lie on for the entire game, there were rarely back 9 metres and the cheap shots that they got away with were shocking. Sam made a break in the second half, ten metres out and webb just led on him, it was a professional foul and should have been treated as such.

As for the Charnley burrow thing - well burrow clearly played the man not the ball by running across in front of Charnley!

For whinos second try the play of the ball involved ablett rolling the ball between his legs whilst on his knees.

We didn't play well, however if Bentham had penalised leeds as he should have - then it would have been a massacre. All of the leeds tries came from cheap field position which they shouldn't have had.

The poor refereeing spoiled the game for me nearly as much as jiffy and kear's utter drivel - why they have muppets on is beyond me. Nobby is against us because Madge has done what he could not, win a trophy at Wigan.

I don't like Saints, but I respect them. The way bitch boy mcguire kicked off at the final hooter shows just what a bunch of poor sported cheats the whinos are - here's hoping they revert to being middle table no-ones
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

The high tackles on Burrow annoy me too every game, he is not targeted because he's small but the angle he runs at and the fact his style is to duck under the defenders arm make it impossible for players not to get him high from time to time. There used to be an interpretation whereby if a player was hit on his way down then it didn't count, this has either changed or doesn't apply to Rob burrow. Leeds scored two tries on the back of these penalties which are dubious to say the least.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Sam Panapa ate me pie

Post by Sam Panapa ate me pie »

Awful bias in the commentary I thought.

I was more annoyed by the token yorks commentator saying 'Oh my God (about 7 times like all the Yorks inbreds do OOoeeerrr mmmmaahhh God) this match will be remembered for that decision' when it will be remembered for Joel's classic try.

The BBC/RFL Yorks bias is a sick joke.

From other thread sorry.

The Aussies must think we're a pre-industrial country if they watch the BBC coverage of matches. May as well get a fan to record it on his phone and his trollied mate to commentate, would be better than the coverage the BBC creates.
bobbyb

Post by bobbyb »

ALSO SKY COVERAGE barry mac saying i Want to see that again who does he think he is ? only a very bad biased commentator
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:But Leeds lost the game when Jamie Jones Bishop kicked on the second! :lol:
Think that was BEN Jones-Bishop! :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

bobbyb wrote:ALSO SKY COVERAGE barry mac saying i Want to see that again who does he think he is ? only a very bad biased commentator
I thought exactly the same! But what do you expect when he is employed not only by Sky but Leeds as well !!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan