Sam the man

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Sam the man

Post by josie andrews »

Been told by one of the players wives that the Leeds fans, if you can call them that, were giving him all sorts of abuse, spitting at him & shouting horrible things about his family.

I would have done an "Eric Cantona" if it had been me!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:
I take it you mean Ablett's 'PTB' which led to the BJB try? The panel was completely one-sided!
Yes and also Sinfield took Pat out in the air going for a high ball.
simmy1

Post by simmy1 »

heard someone from the leeds end "hope you die of cancer you little c*** no wonder he gave them the fingers thats the most horrendous thing to shout at anyone..

the level of abuse he took was something i had never heard from rugby fans but they showed why they are the worst fans in the game

we were talking to some great fans outside the ground who said they had been told there was going to be all out abuse by their fans to try get him sent off...had been telling everyone in leeds to support it

if thats true then so much for respect and family game

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

http://yfrog.com/18iqbuj

Don't remember much fuss about this!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

I've just read through hundreds of posts on Redvee and can't find one complementary comment about our performance at Wembley. I normally read Redvee for the laughs but there is one comment I find quite nauseating. It'd from a poster calling himself Phil625 on the thread "Tomkins in trouble, V sign" entry 17 and he says, quote, he hopes" Tomkins gets a career threatening injury". (What are the mods doing about a headcase like this on their website). The guy that wrote this may live on my street and drink in my local, not a nice person at all. The entire thread is so bigotted that you start to doubt the sanity of the posters.... Hey K.W. I thought you'd have picked up on this one.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

To do this, no matter what provocation was offered in terms of name calling, was utterly stupid. The biggest game of the season, bar none, coverage on BBC1, and he does this.
He will be lucky to get away without a three or four game ban.
Idiotic.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

exile in Tiger country wrote:To do this, no matter what provocation was offered in terms of name calling, was utterly stupid. The biggest game of the season, bar none, coverage on BBC1, and he does this.
Idiotic.

Someone has posted already that its not a disciplinary offence as far as they can find on the RFL rules. Its more a breach of the spirit of the game. So hopefully a fine and a smack on the wrist

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

trotski_tgwu wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:To do this, no matter what provocation was offered in terms of name calling, was utterly stupid. The biggest game of the season, bar none, coverage on BBC1, and he does this.
Idiotic.

Someone has posted already that its not a disciplinary offence as far as they can find on the RFL rules. Its more a breach of the spirit of the game. So hopefully a fine and a smack on the wrist
Surely it's an "on-field" incident and as such would be considered as possibly a disciplinary matter? No idea really but would think the RFL would set a precedent with this whatever happens
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
trotski_tgwu wrote:
Idiotic.

Surely it's an "on-field" incident and as such would be considered as possibly a disciplinary matter? No idea really but would think the RFL would set a precedent with this whatever happens

Giving the V sign has been done before why did nothing be done then Matt King and Eastmond did it to their own fans.Smith did it to us in CC last year stood on the hoardings and gave us the v sign Lee Briers has also done it.I don't condone what Sam did but if he was getting abuse from the fans in the Leeds end and the boos they gave him at Shedingley playing for ENGLAND the lads only human and can only take so much.Just hope he does not take up the offers being banded together to go over to RU what a loss he will be to RL.Perhaps the boo boys will be in their element then.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

bill.inger wrote:I've just read through hundreds of posts on Redvee and can't find one complementary comment about our performance at Wembley. I normally read Redvee for the laughs but there is one comment I find quite nauseating. It'd from a poster calling himself Phil625 on the thread "Tomkins in trouble, V sign" entry 17 and he says, quote, he hopes" Tomkins gets a career threatening injury". (What are the mods doing about a headcase like this on their website). The guy that wrote this may live on my street and drink in my local, not a nice person at all. The entire thread is so bigotted that you start to doubt the sanity of the posters.... Hey K.W. I thought you'd have picked up on this one.
I read it Bill and if you notice, Johnny1 and quite a few others expressed their disgust at the comments, calling him a 'brain donor'! Despite posters like that, there is also an underlying appreciation of the phenomenon that is Sam!