Wigan v Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Re: Wigan v Leeds

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Micky Mc stood up to be counted yesterday for sure and put some of his critics to bed. Also noticed that Gaz Hock is improving every game and its good to hav him and Luaki as enforcers, not forgetting Lee Mossop
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Good to see Tom Spencer get a run out it will do him the world of good. The lad's beefed up dramatically in the off season and really looks the part.

I don't expect to see him in the seventeen at Bradford (Prescott will return) but I do think it will give him the impetus to make himself a first team regular in years to come.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

I am glad to see that Micky Mc was actually the coaches MOM last night as tweeted by Rads
TedMac

Post by TedMac »

I thought we were terrific. Leeds get rattled if they can't win the physical battle and start lying on, tackling high and generally messing around. We stood up to it all, cashed in on the penalties and bossed it in the forwards. Michael Mac was the stand-out player for at least the first 50 - some of his tackles were bone-crunching (ask Jamie J-B!) and his work rate was top notch.
Great composure second half and more ferocious defence snuffed out Leeds' efforts. Great match and made even better by Waney using the youngsters and Darrell G - don't know why Madge didn't like him. Jack Hughes was impressive and Tom Spencer is one big solid unit - what is he - 18?

Yet another bonus - we saw Gaz Hock getting back to his best.

Bring on the Bradford Bulls!!
Ted Mac
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

TedMac wrote:and Tom Spencer is one big solid unit - what is he - 18?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

A quality performance ast night. Great to watch as very entertaining.
As others have mentioned, the performances from Mickey Mc, Josh, Daz and Gaz were all outstanding.
The youngsters didn't look out of place, and all this bodes well for the rest of the season.
Finch's kicking game was better, don't think it can be a coincidence that overall the kicking game improved as the forwards were winning.
All the forwards did well last night. All the team did well.
Loved it! :D :D :D
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Great Performance i thought the team looked a lot fitter this week than we have seen so far the energy levels were high throughout. Hock is starting to get back to the type of form which made him one of the worlds best. Mickey Mac for me was MoM the amount of times he made cover tackles for leeds breaks i swear there must of been 10 of him on the pitch!.

It was good to see us not be bullied, this is something i think over recent seasons has happened to us against teams when they play rough and dirty we have kinda bowed down a bit but leeds were put in their place last night. Haurki will certainly think twice before pushing MM again! haha Mickey planted 3 right hooks on him hard as nails that lad!. Hock stood up to ablett and luarki to Bailey.

On a side note leeds have got to be the dirtyest team i have ever seen!, why dont they buy keith mason and just have the scummiest pack that has ever existed. I really hope Bailey gets caught out one of these days on his own, he is such a coward!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Great Performance i thought the team looked a lot fitter this week than we have seen so far the energy levels were high throughout. Hock is starting to get back to the type of form which made him one of the worlds best. Mickey Mac for me was MoM the amount of times he made cover tackles for leeds breaks i swear there must of been 10 of him on the pitch!.It was good to see us not be bullied, this is something i think over recent seasons has happened to us against teams when they play rough and dirty we have kinda bowed down a bit but leeds were put in their place last night. Haurki will certainly think twice before pushing MM again! haha Mickey planted 3 right hooks on him hard as nails that lad!. Hock stood up to ablett and luarki to Bailey.

On a side note leeds have got to be the dirtyest team i have ever seen!, why dont they buy keith mason and just have the scummiest pack that has ever existed. I really hope Bailey gets caught out one of these days on his own, he is such a coward!
Careful, you are building a case for rhe numpties at Red Hall. :wink:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

Does anyone know what all the bouts of cramp were about towards the end? Was it just the cold weather, or did we have some nutrition / dehydration issues? Jack Hughes, Goulding and Hansen were all suffering at one point.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Could not make the game last evening due to work commitments but did watch it on sky.From the kick off I knew this was going to be a much better team that turned out for Sunday game against Hudds.What an absolute pleasure to see the team disciplined and going about the job the way we expect them to.From Sam Tomkins through to young Jack Hughes (whom I might add had a good solid display.Good in defence and in attack.)And as for young Tom Spencer.What a size at only nineteen years.Did not take a backwards step nor was ever likely to.Promising talent and can only get better with maturity.Whilst not being our best kicking game (I've seen better days)it was a vast improvement on last weeks game.This is not a tongue lashing for those that started to doubt the credentials of Shaun Wane after one game.It is just a reminder to sit back and wait a while before seeing doom and gloom round every corner.If yesterdays performance is anything to go by the team is in good safe hands.Well done to all the boys for roundly beating the team that is fast becoming the team that all Rugby League fans hate. :D