I'm sorry but Lauaki is to blame

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
old hooker

Re: I'm sorry but Lauaki is to blame

Post by old hooker »

Kittwazzer wrote:
georgeorwell wrote:
Top clubs demand top coaches and regrettably we do not have a top coach. The chairman needs to act quickly or our season will be over before it has really started. Waney needs to learn his trade at a lower division club where there will not be the same public pressure. He is, in my opinion, out of his depth at Wigan.
I wanted Wane's tenure to be successful I really did. But I'm slowly losing faith. I knew Shaun as a youngster when he was nicknamed BlockYed. Maybe some things you just can't change?

Last 2 seasons, he was a good Malcolm Allinson to Madge's Joe Mercer. And look what happened to Big Mal! [/quote

I did not want Wane in the first place and i feel i was right all along. However he is here and we need to give him more than a handful of games to improve things.I think if he is going to succeed he needs to lose the arrogance and realise that his way of playing is not working.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote: The selection of the 17 is similarly hilarious.
A very important point. The amount of minutes Tuson plays must make him the highest paid player in SL per minute played.

Now I have nothing agianst the lad, but if Wane thinks he is good enough to make the team then he should be contributing at least 40 mins.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Last night was an example of why I was worried when we signed EL.

It's not a skill, fitness, conditioning or even coaching issue with him. It's not even an issue of his penalty count - because that's been about average until last night. It's his NATURAL PREDISPOSITION. When he's under pressure and gets niggle he reacts and he can't control himself. It's all red mist and emotion. That's just the way he is. You can coach him to hell and back and that's not going to change because it's what makes him tick.

Sugar Ray Lenoard gave an interview this week and in it he talked about his attitude when boxed. He said when he fought, he was sucessful becuase he was detached. His heart was a chip of ice and it allowed him to fight to the best of his ability. But that was his nature.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Hull got Gareth Ellis, we got Lauaki. Enough said.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

old hooker wrote: [/quote

I did not want Wane in the first place and i feel i was right all along. However he is here and we need to give him more than a handful of games to improve things. I think if he is going to succeed he needs to lose the arrogance and realise that his way of playing is not working.
The trouble is, he didn't need to improve things, he needed to keep them at the same level they were. We are moving inexorably back to the Noble days, poor games and idiotic comments from the coach.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Agreed cp Tuson and flower are almost carbon copies it's one or the other hughes on the bench would of give us far more options or mellor
Exactly, it give Hughes some more experience AND it gives us more option so that when Pat gets injured we have a player capable of playing in the backline. Likewise Powell and Mellor need experience and opportunities. Powell is a decent kicker too.

For me Lima has to start and it is either/or with Tuson and Flower.
gilfy42

Post by gilfy42 »

Everyone has an opinion and of course you are all entitled to one but funny how i read all these on the Leeds board last year about Brian Mac "get rid" "he's no good" and look what happened to Leeds, give Waney a break and lets see how he goes, we have an awful reputation when it comes to sacking coaches!!
jobo

Post by jobo »

pieater-alex wrote:
"Epalahame Lauaki is absolutely devastated. He thinks he's lost us the game. I rate him and he's been great for me this year. He was great again tonight but he needs to be smarter. He let himself down by not concentrating on his tackle technique."
I wish Shaun Wane would take a page out of Madge's book and not be drawn on commenting on individual players like this. He's only building himself up for a fall.

These interviews are starting to remind me of Noble. EGO EGO EGO EGO EGO EGO EGO EGO EGO EGO EGO. :roll:
Don't think it's ego, he doesn't seem to have the sense or political savvy to either keep quiet, or answer a question in such a way as not to sound daft. That reply he gave was just barmy. Still, McDermott sounded equally nutty last year but eventually, appears to have got it right.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

weststand-rich wrote: It's not a skill, fitness, conditioning or even coaching issue with him. It's not even an issue of his penalty count - because that's been about average until last night. It's his NATURAL PREDISPOSITION. When he's under pressure and gets niggle he reacts and he can't control himself. It's all red mist and emotion. That's just the way he is.
Exactly right. The Hull fans over on rlfans will tell you in the Hull derby games he was as much of a liability in those games as he was to us last night. He can't handle the pressure.

His penalty count stats may not look out of ordinary but when they cost you games like that it tells you the real story and shows he is just a liability.
You can coach him to hell and back and that's not going to change because it's what makes him tick.
This is also true. No coach Wane included will coach this out of him. He is 27 and not some young player so this is just how he is.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gilfy42 wrote:.....we have an awful reputation when it comes to sacking coaches!!
Not any more we don't. Noble was given 3 1/2 years and Madge was here for two (what a pity it wasn't three!).

I am not suggesting we sack Wane now but what we should not do is stick with any coach as a PR exercise.