richards??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dobby

Re: richards??

Post by Dobby »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
smudgerii wrote:
leeh2101 wrote:why was richards left on the field when he was cleary injured! he couldnt kick or run proper
Surely he has been injured all season? He is only picked for his kicking ability, because the rest of his game is shot.
Have you been drinking thinners?

You obviously need a greater understanding of rugby league, because, I feel you are mistaken.
That is not fair at all. Richards is a shadow of his former self and has never looked the same player since his Achillies injury and he certainly hasnt got the same pace. Last season he was fairly average and I dont think he has done a great deal this season either. Like with any other player if he is not performing then questions regarding his place in the team should be asked.

Some Wigan fans never see any wrong in Richards but I have always thought that he was hyped up a awful lot because of his goalkicking. Dont get me wrong at times he has been immense but there have also been many occasions where he has done little but yet still be praised to the high heavens due to his goalkicking. This alone should not be enough to keep him in the team when he is not doing a great deal in other areas and should not give people a rose tinted view of his all round game or contribution to the team.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I am one of Pat's biggest fans. I want to make that clear before I go on. I am also one of Shaun Edwards biggest fans but here's the rub, I wouldn't want Shaun Edwards playing for us now.

OK a pretty poor analogy but my point is that however great a player is/was there will come a day when they are no longer that player.

I fear this is happening to our Paaaaat.

IMO he has never been the same since the GF when he did his achilles.

Last season and this, he's definitely well down on pace and I've seen wingers stand him up and go around him several times.

For Monaghan's try on friday, he got himself too flat and then, when trying to rectify this, ended up on his arse.

In 2010, this wouldn't have happened.

I think we have to be honest and accept that Pat is in the twilight of his career. He's never gonna be the player that won the man of steel again.
I think he is still a good winger but we are going to have to look for a replacement for next season definitely.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

ragman wrote:Pat has always been deceptive pace-wise, but he definitely looks to be struggling this year so far, and on Friday looked like he was dragging a wardrobe. He can't be fit, and surely needs a rest
Can we get this straight - Pat was injured on Friday. He was injured before he hit Sam. He had a thigh injury even before his first conversion attempt. Why do you think Sam was taking the kick offs?

THe problem is that SW decided he could stay on, but we lost a lot of defensive and attacking potentail because of that decision.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

[quote="Kiwiseddon"]I am one of Pat's biggest fans. I want to make that clear before I go on. I am also one of Shaun Edwards biggest fans but here's the rub, I wouldn't want Shaun Edwards playing for us now.

I would if he was in his mid-twenties. If Giz had played on Friday we would have won by a country mile. Mind you we would have won by a country mile if he had been coaching us - a brilliant rugby league brain just like his dad Jackie.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

smudgerii wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
smudgerii wrote: Surely he has been injured all season? He is only picked for his kicking ability, because the rest of his game is shot.
Troll!
No "troll". Just a paying punter watching a great player who IMO appears to not be running at his full potential and i think that is due to his fitness.

Never asked you to agree with me, because I surely don't always agree with everything you post, but I've never been that sad to start name calling.
In which case, I apologise. Never having seen you post before, I had assumed you were a supporter of another club coming on to have a pop!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

ragman wrote:Pat has always been deceptive pace-wise, but he definitely looks to be struggling this year so far, and on Friday looked like he was dragging a wardrobe. He can't be fit, and surely needs a rest
Radio Leeds have him down as the slowest winger in Superleague but that was before t'Bulls started playing Pryce on the wing.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
smudgerii

Post by smudgerii »

Kittwazzer wrote:
smudgerii wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: Troll!
No "troll". Just a paying punter watching a great player who IMO appears to not be running at his full potential and i think that is due to his fitness.

Never asked you to agree with me, because I surely don't always agree with everything you post, but I've never been that sad to start name calling.
In which case, I apologise. Never having seen you post before, I had assumed you were a supporter of another club coming on to have a pop!
No worries, you got me on a bad day... But i do worry that we are playing an unfit player at a time in the season when we could rest him
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

So it seems to be the same with Roberts then? 2010 was a fantastic season but injuries have relegated both talents immensely. I think he is still worthy of a starting place but I haven't seen his trademark catch try at all for a while... it was always 90% certain we'd score from it.

Just hope his injuries clear soon and gets back to his good form.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
mickh

Post by mickh »

My thoughts on Richards entirely, he looks disinterested this season, only going through the motions, just doing the minimum expected, could it be the coaches influence?
ragman

Post by ragman »

Mike wrote:
Can we get this straight - Pat was injured on Friday. He was injured before he hit Sam. He had a thigh injury even before his first conversion attempt. Why do you think Sam was taking the kick offs?

THe problem is that SW decided he could stay on, but we lost a lot of defensive and attacking potentail because of that decision.

Errr...that's what I'm saying...

I'm a big Pat fan, and by deceptive I mean he's always been quicker that he looks, probably due to his stride length. he is clearly struggling for fitness, as I said, and needs to be rested to recover.

I'm unclear why you've chosen to quote me and seemingly present what I've said as an attack - it's clearly the opposite. Pat may be at the back end of his career, but he still has plenty to offer. he just can't do it on one leg like he's being asked to