I'm sorry but Lauaki is to blame

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: I'm sorry but Lauaki is to blame

Post by cpwigan »

gilfy42 wrote:Everyone has an opinion and of course you are all entitled to one but funny how i read all these on the Leeds board last year about Brian Mac "get rid" "he's no good" and look what happened to Leeds, give Waney a break and lets see how he goes, we have an awful reputation when it comes to sacking coaches!!
What if he screws our club up? Do we sit back? Saints haven't. I am more worried that IL is likely to do nothing given his past decisions where news/decisions drag on and on and on. Surely IL should be sitting down with Waney and his staff asking them what the hell is going on because this IMO is not just about Wane. If the present coaching staff screw up then assistants right up to players managers may/should get the boot too.

Incidentally, I think Mac at Leeds is a poor coach too.
doc

Post by doc »

In the U20s 24-34 loss to wire this afternoon both Dudson and Roberts were pretty anonymous. A message was sent out to Roberts from coaching staff to up his game as his body language looked like he didn't care!

Sadly, young Powell looked to pick up a bad leg injury in the first half. We badly missed his organisational and kicking skills when Roberts moved from wing to the halves to take his replace him. Shame, as I rate Powell a better prospect than Mellor.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

doc wrote:In the U20s 24-34 loss to wire this afternoon both Dudson and Roberts were pretty anonymous. A message was sent out to Roberts from coaching staff to up his game as his body language looked like he didn't care!

Sadly, young Powell looked to pick up a bad leg injury in the first half. We badly missed his organisational and kicking skills when Roberts moved from wing to the halves to take his replace him. Shame, as I rate Powell a better prospect than Mellor.
Sam has done his ankle ligaments & was taken to Hope hospital after the game. It was thought to have been broken at first.

Get well soon Sam.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

As Lauaki showed against Warrington and as he showed in the Hull derby games he is a liability in the big games and he is a risk we cannot afford to take, especially when Hock is also in the team.

You can carry one indisciplined hot head, and for me only if he has the X factor like Hock, but you cannot carry two, particulalry when Lauaki hasnt been that great anyway. To play Hock and Lauaki in big games is just asking for trouble. Lauaki doesnt strike me, much like Hock I suppose, as the type that will learn from his mistakes either.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

It's not Lauaki's fault the blame sits with Waney. Lauaki should never have been signed and he should certainly not be in the starting 17. I would like someone to tell me what he offers us that Tom Spencer doesn't.

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

To my mind there are several reasons why we lost on Friday but the real point is that although we did not deserve to win neither did the Wire who were even direr than us, the Aussies must be laughing their socks off at this talk of a top 6 playoff.

Now my reasons why we lost,
1) Silverwood should have reduced Wire to 12 men for at least 20 minutes as there were two nail on professional fouls when we were in a try scoring position.
2)Taking Hock off the field at any time unless he is injured is lunacy, even with some of his wilder passes he is our best forward by a mile.
3) Similarly, but not to the same extent we go backwards when Lima is not on the field.
4) Not only Luakis two penalties but the daft penalty we gave away on the hooter in the first half.
5) Yea I know that Sam Tomkins is Gods gift to RL and I know that that no other player could have made the break upfield but he is a greedy little s*d and a pass inside and either of the two players on his inside would have been under the sticks, Charnley converts and we still finish up 22-22.
6)KiwiSeddon didn't agree with this but I was cursing when at 18 all we opted for a penalty instead of going for the try. To my mind there is no point in going for a penalty when within 20 yards of the opponents line and they are on the back foot, I told him them that we could lose 22-20 but to be honest I thought that they would score the winning try. 2 points at that stage with plenty of time to go was neither use nor ornament.
7) The intercept try, yes this week it was Leuluai but last week it was Finch, we are sloppy too often when going for long passes but of course Briers has been doing this all his career, I would like Sky to tell us how many intercept tries he has scored in total.
8) What has happened to our 3 man tackles? We see to have gone down to 2 men more often than not with the explanation that Wane is going for speed in the tackle, if we have not got the ball the aim has to be slow play the balls.
9) Too often on Friday we were throwing the ball wide having not made sufficient progress in 3 PTBs up the middle of the field and we were picked off too easily.
10) T'Wire were much more game wise and cynical, some could call it cheating but they were much better at it than us.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Ian. Your post is catnip to DaveO and I'm sure he will comment on all your points!

I will restrict myself to point 5. If Sam had passed and a try had ensued, it would have been scratched due to an infringement earlier in the play. He knew he had to take a tackle to make way for the try on the next play.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Excellent post Ian
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

TonyH wrote:I don't like singling players out but we were well on top when Lima was on the field, Lauaki needs to have a word with himself. As does SW if he thinks Lauaki offers more than Lima.
With our best 13 on the pitch and we will beat up anybody, and as you rightly say a totally different team with Lima on and not Lauaki.
Although he gave away a silly high arm penalty and allowed Myler to strip the ball from him 1 on 1 leading to Dire's first try, I thought Preccy was showing signs of his bustling best, it was like watching ten pin skittles bouncing everywhere when the took the ball in.
With Moose back, Lima, Preccy and Micky McC we now have a top front row with some back up.
We seem to loose a bit of momentum when Gaz Hock goes off too.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Kittwazzer wrote:Ian. Your post is catnip to DaveO and I'm sure he will comment on all your points!

I will restrict myself to point 5. If Sam had passed and a try had ensued, it would have been scratched due to an infringement earlier in the play. He knew he had to take a tackle to make way for the try on the next play.
I've thought this for a long while. If a player thinks a there is a possible problem in a play leading up to a try scoring opportunity, he is probably better off to hit the deck, get a quick play the ball and score on the next play. THe refs are often basically waiting for the try to go to the screen. Its never obstruction unless a try has been scored - is it?

THe way the refs use the video creates a very uneven playing field across fixtures, you are far more likely to have a try disallowed for obstruction when the video is at your match than you are otherwise.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆