James roby

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: James roby

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

KFC was like it or not one of the best hookers GB has produced, Roby was still learning a lot but has gone on to make a name as one of the best.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

mickw wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: KFC was like it or not one of the best hookers GB has produced, Roby was still learning a lot but has gone on to make a name as one of the best.
KC may have been one of the best GB has produced but his international record was`nt great,he liked to be a big fish in a small pond.he very often ducked international series citing injury but was right as rain for saints.
Apart from when he was playing for GB against the Kiwi's and had had a really good season. He was fit and playing some brilliant rugby, then he dislocated and broke his elbow. I don't think he was ever quite as good after that.

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Would anyone swap him for Micky Mac?

Not me!
As much as I love MM and think he is getting better and better, I am sorry but I would swap him in a heartbeat.
You have to allow for the fact that if he didn't play for Stains, his forward passes, i.e. 90% of his passes, would be pulled up, so he wouldn't look nearly as good then.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Terry Newton was better :wink:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Would anyone swap him for Micky Mac?

Not me!
As much as I love MM and think he is getting better and better, I am sorry but I would swap him in a heartbeat.
You have to allow for the fact that if he didn't play for Stains, his forward passes, i.e. 90% of his passes, would be pulled up, so he wouldn't look nearly as good then.
:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa4: :eusa4: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa18:
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

ancientnloyal wrote:Terry Newton was better :wink:
I heard Joe Egan was better but I never saw him play :wink: :)