Micky Mac

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Re: Micky Mac

Post by Suzieb »

Totally agree he nearly lost us the game at hull with the penalties he gave away perhaps this ban will do him good and get his head sorted
stegy

Post by stegy »

Never ever thought that the kissballer cancer would ever get into our great game, but here we are with teams like Leeds Warrington and St Helens sendind players out to get thier oponents sent off by coning the ref it was high and late. But if that was off the field away from the game would he have been acting like he had been knocked out. The last thing i want to see is Wigan joining in i would rarther win a game against 14 with merit or lose with merit than stoop to cheating.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I don't really have an issue with his sending off, but do think a three match ban is harsh given he spent most of the game off the field making it in reality a 3 8/10 game ban. The depressing thing is we'll see more of the same off the refs and this will set neither presidence nor example. Of course every incident that results in 'direct contact with the head' will now result in a sending off won't it??????

In the games directly after ours on the Saturday & Sunday I saw three essentially identical head high incidents - one warrented going on report, another resulted in a penalty and the other attracted no sanction. The entire spectrum of incompetence and ineptitude.

I'm not inclined towards conspiracy theories, but given the stinkers I've seen from Carl Ablett, Ryan 'Teflon' Bailey and Ben 'brow-ridge' Westwood, I think someone at Red Hall doesn't like us.

Consistency!? My ar$e.
stegy

Post by stegy »

Sorry forgot to say that if the Ref is being an ass then a way forward for me would be keep it zipped and get some of our forwards to take the ball up with pace and run straight at the ref he might just get the message once hes been laid out or maybe the odd stray kick to touch flying just past the refs head may have some effect. Not that i'm bitter or pissed off.
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

I'm genuinely gobsmacked. I wont defend the crime. It was late, and high. It deserved a yellow, definite put on report, and maybe a red. But I, like at least one other poster earlier cannot quite understand how Paul Wood can stand infront of another player and land a punch... punch... yes... punch on said players face... And receive nothing. Yet for a mistimed, and high TACKLE, ie, part of the game. A straight red and 3 game ban.
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

weststand-rich wrote:Of course every incident that results in 'direct contact with the head' will now result in a sending off won't it??????
Unless it's a punch, there allowed. Or if your Adrian Morley, thats fine too. Or if your Jon Wilkins elbow late in on a tackle, that fuc*ers allowed to drop anywhere.

I have laugh, or i'll cry.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

It was a bad tackle but not the worst in the match. That was a stains tackle. Never mentioned. Why? I take it the club will appeal. Why does the club not now say, players not available for England in case they get bans playing for the national side. Three matches is indefencable. Jim
kevoakes

Post by kevoakes »

Does anyone know what Josh Perry got for using Lima's head as a landing pad.
No doubt that went unoticed.
kevoakes

Post by kevoakes »

Does anyone know what Josh Perry got for using Lima's head as a landing pad.
No doubt that went unoticed.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whatever way it is wrapped up, Mac got 4 matches. The RFL cannot deny that being sent off in a match does not count when they actually use the term sending off sufficient.

If consistency is going to be achieved then plenty of players will be suspended. If not, it will be a sad day for the sport. Mind you, the sanitising of the sport is equally sad.