A simple question...???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: A simple question...???

Post by Panchitta Marra »

TonyH wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:
Gizmo_Edwards wrote:This surely has become an easy decision...

For people who don't understand the playoffs..

We cannot now pick saints.

We will pick between wire (assuming they beat hull or hud next weekend) and the winners of catalan and leeds.

I don't think anyone would suggest picking wire as surely the sensible thing is to make saints plray wire at LP.
We would therefore play the winners of Leeds and Catalans.

Thoughts?
I thought Wire would still be at home?
Bloody stupid system anyway.
I'd pick Catalans, assuming the beat Leeds, if it's a choice between Leeds and Wire, Wane should toss a coin on national TV to decide.
That would seriously p*** off the idiots at the RFL.
No mate, the winners of Hull/Wire will play away from home as will Leeds/Cats. The two top 4 teams that won in the first week I.e. us and Saints get the home draw in the penultimate playoff. I seem to remember Leeds cheating us in 2010 and us then having to win at Headingly 2 weeks later to reach OT.[/quote]

Thats correct, did the same not happen last season too and we had to take the trip to The Stobbart Stadium to face the Aints ?
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

the play offs should be scrapped anyway in its present format. If they want to carry on they should go with 1v8
2v7 3v6 4v5 and so on
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

markill

Post by markill »

OAMJS wrote:the play offs should be scrapped anyway in its present format. If they want to carry on they should go with 1v8
2v7 3v6 4v5 and so on
They had that in Aus for years and this season they've changed to be like our play off system (who'd have thought it - them copying us??). I suppose the difference is their competition is stronger than ours so you would expect more parity between the teams and massively one sided games should be the exception rather than rule in play off week one.

I don't see what the format you're suggesting solves in terms of the problems we have with the playoffs in this country. All it does is give slightly less advantage to top teams as they have no second chance. I'm sure the clubs like the idea of a second chance or week off being reward for finishing higher up.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Should be Top 5 playoffs as originally. If they want 8 then have 5-8 playoff for the 5th spot by adding one extra week at the beginning.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
mackie1981

Post by mackie1981 »

If the RFL want the top 8 and I think they do it should be 1v8 ,2v7 3v6 and 4v5 in week one. Then to keep the second chance if they want the two highest ranked losers in week one get a second chance. The two highest ranked winners in week one get the week off.

The other 4 sides then play off as we do now.

Then in the next week two semi finals decided on league ranking rather than club call.

The change in the way the second chance is decided means that you could finish 3rd and not be sure of the second chance so the games should be more competitive from the start.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Leeds!!

Play offs; League Leaders straight to GF, 2v5 & 3v4 then winners contest the right to go to OT. Matches played within 7 days with GF 5 days later to negate the possible advantage these team have getting match hardened whilst LL rest up waiting. The LL should be heavily favoured ALWAYS!
Gizmo_Edwards

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

As my OP stated we must surely pick Leeds.

If the disciplinary is not as biased as we believe McGuire's season should be over.

He should recieve at least a 2 match ban.

Thoughts??
Wigan Rugby League Fans:- the jackpot winners in rugby league life...
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Gizmo_Edwards wrote:As my OP stated we must surely pick Leeds.

If the disciplinary is not as biased as we believe McGuire's season should be over.

Thoughts??
He should, but he won't!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Gizmo_Edwards wrote:As my OP stated we must surely pick Leeds.

Thoughts??
Has McGuire still got the early guilty 1 match plea option available to him, otherwise its 3 matches as was given to Mac, anything else is blatent corruption by the RFL (AKA Hetherington).
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

If McGuire is hauled up in front of the panel this week then surely he has to serve a ban as he didn't receive his marching orders during the game plus he's already served a ban earlier this season.

So if prior record is to be taken into account he should receive a ban.

MicMac was off the field for over an hour yet still received a 3 match ban on top.

If the panel are going to remain consistent McGuire's season should be over on Tuesday.