70 - 0

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: 70 - 0

Post by mrs_carney »

I'm not surprised he looked shattered, if it was hot for us just stood watching it, imagine how it was for them out there. Scully has never been our fittest player and with his diabetes we'll have to be careful with him. Scully had some cracking games before his ban and hopefully he'll get back into the swing of things in the next game.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mike binder posted:
carney had no cetre for a change dont blame him :angry:
Having just watched the "highlights" on the SL Show, it's pretty clear that Carney was utterly uninterested. He made no effort to try keeping up with Senior on a number of occasions, and was flapping about not sure who to try tackling so instead tackled no-one. He was rubbish.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

mike binder posted:
scully looked like hed been on the beer till 3 in the morning ,i think he will be next to go.He was knackerd after 2 mins. :eh:
What's new?
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

robjoenz posted:
mike binder posted:
scully looked like hed been on the beer till 3 in the morning ,i think he will be next to go.He was knackerd after 2 mins. :eh:
He had a good couple of games before he was suspended. He's the best prop we've got this season!
It just provess how poor we are!!!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mrs_carney posted:
Apart from tickle, godwin and possibly guisset and botham who seemed to give there all, name me another player who wasnt absolutely shocking tonight?
Wild and melling were a disgrace, coyle was overpowered totally by leeds, moran was anonymous, brown isn't a full back, newton wasn't the same after he got injured after 5 minutes, hansen and allen were hardly on, seuseu did daft things, scully was nothing special, carney and aspinwall were cut to pieces and tomkins didn't have much effect.
I wouldn't include Tickle in the first group, I thought he was dreadful. Half-attempts at tickling (it couldn't be considered tackling), bad position, no go-forward... he's been one of the few to have a decent season but over the last couple of weeks he's dropped off badly.

As for the others, I'm not able to come up with a Man of the Match, and having just watched the SL Show it was even worse close-up than standing at the opposite end from where the action was (why did we swap ends again Mike?!). As Rob says on here somewhere, we released too many experienced players last year, and the experienced players we've brought in don't seem up to setting any kind of example. Moran and SeuSeu aren't as good as the players they replaced, and for all that we criticised him for getting too old and his poor handling, what we would we have given for some of Cassidy's solid defence last night? The kids are generally still too far away from SL standard, and I'm sure some of those now playing 1st team rugby would be amongst the group we routinely release because they're not good enough for SL and/or there would be no place for them in the squad.

A sorry sign is that the U18's looked more inventive going forward in the 10-15 minutes I saw than the 1st team did. Perhaps we should put the entire U18's out against St Helens next week?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Fraggle posted:
mrs_carney posted:
Apart from tickle, godwin and possibly guisset and botham who seemed to give there all, name me another player who wasnt absolutely shocking tonight?
Wild and melling were a disgrace, coyle was overpowered totally by leeds, moran was anonymous, brown isn't a full back, newton wasn't the same after he got injured after 5 minutes, hansen and allen were hardly on, seuseu did daft things, scully was nothing special, carney and aspinwall were cut to pieces and tomkins didn't have much effect.
I wouldn't include Tickle in the first group, I thought he was dreadful. Half-attempts at tickling (it couldn't be considered tackling), bad position, no go-forward... he's been one of the few to have a decent season but over the last couple of weeks he's dropped off badly.

As for the others, I'm not able to come up with a Man of the Match, and having just watched the SL Show it was even worse close-up than standing at the opposite end from where the action was (why did we swap ends again Mike?!). As Rob says on here somewhere, we released too many experienced players last year, and the experienced players we've brought in don't seem up to setting any kind of example. Moran and SeuSeu aren't as good as the players they replaced, and for all that we criticised him for getting too old and his poor handling, what we would we have given for some of Cassidy's solid defence last night? The kids are generally still too far away from SL standard, and I'm sure some of those now playing 1st team rugby would be amongst the group we routinely release because they're not good enough for SL and/or there would be no place for them in the squad.

A sorry sign is that the U18's looked more inventive going forward in the 10-15 minutes I saw than the 1st team did. Perhaps we should put the entire U18's out against St Helens next week?
i didnt swap ends i was unpolitlly requested to by a steward as the leeds fans were all coming to the AWAY end.soprrry id been there since 3-30 dont see wht they should even consider coming in our end and asking us to move
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Fraggle posted:
mrs_carney posted:

Finding players who are as good as Lam and Smith is not a task I would like, unles we went out and signed Kimmorley or Johns, Smith was immense for us he really was, not to many props work as hard as hed did and make the yards, he just never stopped.
Both very hard to replace.