Urghh referees, tjs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Re: Urghh referees, tjs

Post by Southern Softy »

I'm as unimpressed by SL refs as anyone but I thought Bentham did generally OK. Granted he missed the key moment when Charnley was hit early and in the air but the only other massive thing he missed was when Sam was bent over backwards and nearly strangled in a two-man tackle. Think what it could have been like with Thaler or Child in charge!
Even Sainted Steve didn't disallow the try for obstruction when appealed to - result!
I thought the most hilarious thing was that the only pass called forward all night wasn't forward at all. Top line judges those boys.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

All we ask for is consistency by the refs he pinged us for offside yet then when they did it he didn't do a thing. Shame that it is in a match of that calibre and the refereeing decision for their second proved to be the difference. yet the young lads of Wigan did brill. Bring on the giants
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO wrote:Caught the last few seconds of comments on Radio Manc when I got back to the car. They were all saying it was a penalty to Wigan but as usual for that shower they then made excuses for the ref that he might not have seen it etc.
I heard the same and the excuse he has been out the game because of injury was also given - pathetic. It wasn't blindness he was struck with - it was a broken leg and this was a serious error on his behalf that had an important bearing on the game as this tactic was used a couple of times more in the second half (with Wigan receiving a penalty on only the one occasion)
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Still think someone had a word with him at half time.

How else could he have a decent first half with one bad mistake and then have a second half with umpteen mistakes and a massive penalty count against Wigan for offences he was allowing Warrington to get away with.

The first four letters of his surname sums him up at times.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

....and Roby clearly dislikes Wigan.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
bayroller

Post by bayroller »

Where is Bentham from?
Warrington, I believe
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

bayroller wrote:Where is Bentham from?
Warrington, I believe
He's from Leigh originally, but lives in Warrington!!

Roby was a born Wiganer but now lives in York!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Still think someone had a word with him at half time.

How else could he have a decent first half with one bad mistake and then have a second half with umpteen mistakes and a massive penalty count against Wigan for offences he was allowing Warrington to get away with.

The first four letters of his surname sums him up at times.
You mean how has this massive debt of £68m been accumulated by roughly half of the teams in SL yet at the same time they are only allowed to spend a maximum of £1.6m on players wages - monies gone somewhere and to someone(s) :wink:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

See Tim roby gave penalty to Cas with 1 minute left, under the Leeds sticks, to give Cas the win. Millward praised him for getting it right and having the bottle to make this decision.

Just need more consistency from the officials in general and let the players play; we want them to decide the results of matches, not TJ's or refs.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Makes a change for a club to get a penalty against Leeds in the last minute, but will Roby handle a Leeds game again?

And after yesterday's game at Widnes, I suspect Saints will want Child to handle every one of their's after the way he helped them to win.