Urghh referees, tjs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

Re: Urghh referees, tjs

Post by markill »

I don't think there is any real bias or bent in the referees towards or against any particular teams. We'll see it that way because we're fans of only one club. The referees do have mistakes in them for and against all teams and i just hope we're on the better end of them.

Some things surely can be improved, like how he picked up on our nearest defender to him being offside a few times and telling them to get back, but let Carvell stand in front of him every play. Other things like a judgement call if a player has or doens't have the ball or is or isn't off the ground when tackled will need the video ref to look into plays more than the current scope allows.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
markill

Post by markill »

Just ran into my mate at work who is a Wire fan. He brought up the referee. He thought he was awful - but in our favour, rather than theirs. Just shows the perspective of a fan. He thinks we had a try off a clear forward pass (I don't recall one) and moaned about no penalty be given near the end for lifting Hodgson (to be fair, there was one we were lucky to get away with). Maybe we should just say they get things wrong and unless you win you're goingt o find something that wnet against you to moan about regardless of what went for you.

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I thought the continued lifting of legs by all teams over the weekend (although we were probably the worst offenders and Lockers in particular was doing it) was a really backward step. It can easily lead to a spear tackle and it's something the game can do without.

Incidentally, I thought the penalty we got near the touchline wasn't for dragging but because a Warrington player was tackling with a hand between the opponent's legs. If that was the case - good. another thing we can do without.

But I was really impressed by the way our young "lightweight" forwards made big yards all night. I thought Flower's try was terrific. Warrington can only get older - we can only get better.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Okay I give up. What is tjs?
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

T o u c h J u d g e S!
markill

Post by markill »

Southern Softy wrote:Incidentally, I thought the penalty we got near the touchline wasn't for dragging but because a Warrington player was tackling with a hand between the opponent's legs. If that was the case - good. another thing we can do without.
I thought it was given because the tackle was complete and another man came in to add extra weight. To be honest though, I wasn't really sure why it was given.

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

slimshady wrote:T o u c h J u d g e S!
My bad! :lol: