Brigantes gone?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stevethegas

Re: Brigantes gone?

Post by stevethegas »

It's an awful shame that we don't seem to have the benefits of the Brigantes at the moment. It's clear from other comments that many people feel the same. But whatever, we simply cannot and must never tolerate the disgraceful scenes that happened in Huddersfield. Those who chose violence as a method of support bring shame on the good name of Rugby League, and to Wigan in particular. Never Again!

But that said, I do miss the noise and colour that they brought to our games. The South Stand is much quieter, and the overall effect is that atmosphere at Wigan's home games is lacking. Surely we can have the good without the bad?

So to all the honest guys who do all the right things, please come back and sing and shout your support as once you did. We miss you.
Stevethegas
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

So what exactly happened at Huddersfield then?
Not actually heard anything properly about it.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:So what exactly happened at Huddersfield then?
Not actually heard anything properly about it.

http://www.wiganwarriorsfans.com/wigan/ ... c&o=837990
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bocco

Post by bocco »

that is a real shame, I will miss their flags & singing they made the eveing out at the match an even better experience than it would have been.
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

Also agree with others that the Brigantes provided a great atmosphere at away games. The first match at Langtree Park was unforgettable. Real shame if they give up completely.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

The last thing the club needs is a bunch of young drunks who cannot handle alcohol making a exhibition of themselves like I have seen at some away games.

If they want to behave in that way, I suggest they watch football and a certain team I won't mention but play at the same stadium.

From what I have seen of some of their supporters, they will more than welcomed.
CougarDeb

Post by CougarDeb »

I have stated in other posts that we do miss the fans and drums in the south stand which created a good atmosphere in games. But to tar all young fans as louts is unfair, I've seen some old drunken fans at rugby matches in my time, indeed there is a culture of drinking at rugby matches otherwise why do they serve alochol during games. I'm not saying this is wrong but some people will get drunk no matter how old. Also to suggest all Latics fans are drunks and louts is again totally unfair. I go to Latics matches as well and found most fans to be OK.
No Money.... No Honey
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

CougarDeb wrote:I have stated in other posts that we do miss the fans and drums in the south stand which created a good atmosphere in games. But to tar all young fans as louts is unfair, I've seen some old drunken fans at rugby matches in my time, indeed there is a culture of drinking at rugby matches otherwise why do they serve alochol during games. I'm not saying this is wrong but some people will get drunk no matter how old. Also to suggest all Latics fans are drunks and louts is again totally unfair. I go to Latics matches as well and found most fans to be OK.
+1
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I have to admit when they first started to get together I thought (wrongly)this is just a group out looking for trouble.My reasoning was why use the name and flags of Brigantes and do they know how the name Brigantes started.Has time went on I grew to understand the vast majority just wanted a good time and re-created an atmosphere at Wigan that had diminished over the DW years. Then at Huddersfield we had a handfull of mindless morons who single handely undid all the work a lot of these fans had put together in building a relationship and understanding with the rest of the fans.I for one will hold my hands up and say come back Brigantes and show Wigan how to enjoy a noisy and peacefull match. :)