Will it effect us if Latics go down?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Will it effect us if Latics go down?

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
keithwafc7 wrote:Business
If one half of the company not getting as much money in,the business suffers.
Great day yesterday,(back to reality today,looks like were going down)hopefully two more wembley visits in August-Challenge cup n Charity sheild then Europa cup for us.
It's actually now called the Community Shield!
Pathetic and pedantic. I hope the likes of Kitt understand they are aligning themselves to fools like this unless of course WW is simply another login.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I'm not particularly bothered who anyone supports, it is a personal choice which team or sport they follow :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
keithwafc7 wrote:Business
If one half of the company not getting as much money in,the business suffers.
Great day yesterday,(back to reality today,looks like were going down)hopefully two more wembley visits in August-Challenge cup n Charity sheild then Europa cup for us.
It's actually now called the Community Shield!
Pathetic and pedantic. I hope the likes of Kitt understand they are aligning themselves to fools like this unless of course WW is simply another login.
No, it is not!
jondebaptist20

Post by jondebaptist20 »

YES IT WOULD BUT ONLY POSITIVLEY ALL THOSE LATICS FANS SCREEMING FOR US RUGBY FANS AND THE CLUB TO GET OUT OF THERE STADIUM AND HOLDING BANNERS UP AT WEMBLEY, WILL NOT KNOW WHAT HIT THEM BECAUSE LATICS GOING DOWN MEANS THE FA CANNOT STAND IN THE WAY OF LENNAGAN BUYING THEM OFF WHEELAN LIKE THEY HAVE DONE IN THE PAST. WHICH ONLY MEANS THAT WITH THE BIGGER CROWD ESCPECIALLY NOW THEY ARE RELEGATED RUGBY WILL BE THE PRIORITY :lol: IF HE OWNS BOTH CLUBS BECAUSE LETS FACE IT WHEELAN IS RENOUND FOR SELLING THINGS THAT ARE GOING DOWN...LETS NOT FORGET THERE WOULD NOT BE A DW STADIUM IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE SALE OF CENTRAL PARK TO TESCO {LATICS FANS}
SEMPIER PREAESTO PATRAIAE SERVIRE.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

jondebaptist20 wrote:YES IT WOULD BUT ONLY POSITIVLEY ALL THOSE LATICS FANS SCREEMING FOR US RUGBY FANS AND THE CLUB TO GET OUT OF THERE STADIUM AND HOLDING BANNERS UP AT WEMBLEY, WILL NOT KNOW WHAT HIT THEM BECAUSE LATICS GOING DOWN MEANS THE FA CANNOT STAND IN THE WAY OF LENNAGAN BUYING THEM OFF WHEELAN LIKE THEY HAVE DONE IN THE PAST. WHICH ONLY MEANS THAT WITH THE BIGGER CROWD ESCPECIALLY NOW THEY ARE RELEGATED RUGBY WILL BE THE PRIORITY :lol: IF HE OWNS BOTH CLUBS BECAUSE LETS FACE IT WHEELAN IS RENOUND FOR SELLING THINGS THAT ARE GOING DOWN...LETS NOT FORGET THERE WOULD NOT BE A DW STADIUM IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE SALE OF CENTRAL PARK TO TESCO {LATICS FANS}
I think your caps lock is stuck on. Don't think he can interests in two football clubs anyway.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Where has the idea come from that IL wanted to buy Latics, has tried to in the past and been prevented from doing so?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

My own thought are that if Whelan had still owned both clubs, then yes, the rugby team would have suffered as a result of the relegation.

It is well known that Whelan has been attempting to sell Wigan Athletic. Their problem being a poor fan-base and huge losses on turn-over. The FA cup win would have been a fantastic selling bonus for any potential foreign buyer - however their relegation instantly destroyed that
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I have never challenged anyone's right to support any team they wish. I merely felt it was poor timing to post on this thread their wish for Latics to lose a match that would condemn them to relegation. That's all!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:I have never challenged anyone's right to support any team they wish. I merely felt it was poor timing to post on this thread their wish for Latics to lose a match that would condemn them to relegation. That's all!
Must have missed that comment Kitt :blush: Why would anyone want to wish bad luck to another team or another sport is beyond me :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

josie andrews wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:I have never challenged anyone's right to support any team they wish. I merely felt it was poor timing to post on this thread their wish for Latics to lose a match that would condemn them to relegation. That's all!
Must have missed that comment Kitt :blush: Why would anyone want to wish bad luck to another team or another sport is beyond me :(
Lol I must admit to liking the English rah-rah team getting beat simply for the inexcusable fact they receive endless pages of newspaper hype and nominations for team of the year!
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: