Mickey Paea

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cpwigan

Re: Mickey Paea

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan AND Salford have made him offers. Salfords offer is far in excess of ours.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

cpwigan wrote:Wigan AND Salford have made him offers. Salfords offer is far in excess of ours.
That is going to be a MAJOR problem for any club looking to recruit this close season. Wages and/or transfers are likely to be greatly inflated now the good Doctor is spending over and above the cap :wink:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I think he as already made his mind up to go back to NRL.If he did sign there is a good chance he would not fullfill is obligation all to easy now to jump ship any time in contract. The time is here to intruduce penalty clauses or a player money bond for early release from contract.The present system is a joke.
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

cpwigan wrote:Wigan AND Salford have made him offers. Salfords offer is far in excess of ours.
I'd guess that he will be going to Salford then, if he can't get a return to the NRL. I can't say I'd blame him either, if SRD are going to offer him silly amounts compared to other SL clubs.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

What does that really mean? £40K instead of £20K? Or £200K instead of £100K?

So what are we talking here and how do you know what both clubs are offering?

NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

DaveO wrote:
What does that really mean? £40K instead of £20K? Or £200K instead of £100K?

I could be wrong, but I'd take a guess at the latter. From my understanding, the doctor is willing to splash the cash big time.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

All I know Dave is that Salfords offer is much better than ours in financial terms. We obviously offer a better on field experience.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

nitsua wrote:
NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:
DaveO wrote: What does that really mean? £40K instead of £20K? Or £200K instead of £100K?

I could be wrong, but I'd take a guess at the latter. From my understanding, the doctor is willing to splash the cash big time.
So the salary cap doesn't apply to Salford?

:conf:
Technically it does, but the good doctor has stated his intention to "do what 3 or 4 other clubs do!"
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

nitsua wrote:
NeeNawWarrior22 wrote: So the salary cap doesn't apply to Salford?

Technically it does, but the good doctor has stated his intention to "do what 3 or 4 other clubs do!"
In other words he is implying he is going to break the "spirit of the cap".
An offence we were punished for.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Shaun1967 wrote:
nitsua wrote:
NeeNawWarrior22 wrote: So the salary cap doesn't apply to Salford?

In other words he is implying he is going to break the "spirit of the cap".
An offence we were punished for.
A good observation. We didn't spend more than the cap as players deferred wages (a practice not uncommon in the NRL at the time).

Koukash won't be spending more than the cap either in terms of what gets audited.

It will be interesting to see the RFL's reaction. Do they ignore it? Or do they go after him?

I suspect they will ignore it for fear of having to go to court.

When we got done Mo Lindsay felt had we gone to court we would have won but decided against it because any legal victory would be too late to affect the points deduction so it was best not to bother.

I always wished he'd gone for it on a matter of principle.

I don't think Koukash would be so diplomatic.