Warriors Name Derby Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: Warriors Name Derby Squad

Post by Owd Codger »

Some moaned about there not being enough experience in the front row and when we sign a player with experience, they still moan.

In the case of James, I seemed to recall that when he last played for us at the time that Millward was the Coach, he was one of the few successes.

Perhaps that's why Wane considered him.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

statistically JJ has been making more meters per carry than Dudson but less than Crosby.

incidentally re: amor, wasn't Sam Hopkins meant to be our Amor/Warmsley signing?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I agree with most of the posts about Dudson. He seems to be carrying a bit of timber and doesnt seem to have any dynamism about him. JJ isnt a world beater but he puts in a good, honest shift and makes minimal errors. Dudson seems a bit clumsy and quite slow.
Ed Osmond

Post by Ed Osmond »

What is the educated consensus on our props? From what I have seen, Taylor and Flower are good. I thought Dudson was a banker as well but he has had injury problems and there seem to be doubts about him. James is experienced but maybe not good enough? And is Crosby ready to get a place in the first-choice 17? Or is Pettybourne an option?
Ed Osmond

Post by Ed Osmond »

I follow Manly in the NRL and their recent success has been based on experience in the front row. Kite and King plus Perry, Bryant, Galuvao etc etc. Now I think we are crying out for someone like Coley who does the basics very well, no frills. But I'm not sure James is that player.
xbrettkennyx

Post by xbrettkennyx »

James is a solid experienced player who actually understands the game.

He will never set the world on fire but is a good option imo.

The real issue is IL and his short hands and long pockets.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ed Osmond wrote:I follow Manly in the NRL and their recent success has been based on experience in the front row. Kite and King plus Perry, Bryant, Galuvao etc etc. Now I think we are crying out for someone like Coley who does the basics very well, no frills. But I'm not sure James is that player.
I think Manly have in recent seasons replaced aging props with young props bar King.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

xbrettkennyx wrote:James is a solid experienced player who actually understands the game.

Far better options in house OR in SL / Championship
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

xbrettkennyx wrote:James is a solid experienced player who actually understands the game.

Better than having a owner with no idea of running a successful and profitable club than one who runs a club with no success and ends up in administration.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Lenegan has a track record of bringing in players and coaches who bring success to the club.

Nothing against James, but think that Crosby is ahead of him in playing terms.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS