1st visit to dw

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
llanelli scarlet warrior

Re: 1st visit to dw

Post by llanelli scarlet warrior »

Can get 2 nights there for £58 !!!!!!!!!!!!! happy days, just need confirmation of day game is on and tickets
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

llanelli scarlet warrior wrote:Can get 2 nights there for £58 !!!!!!!!!!!!! happy days, just need confirmation of day game is on and tickets
I would think the one on Orrell Road hsa easier access to the motorway as its just off junction 26 :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

llanelli scarlet warrior wrote:is that premier inn nearer than wigan west one ( orrell road ) ??
The Orrell Road one is 'The Mount' which I mentioned earlier. Distance wise, there is little difference. Benefit of The Mount is its adjacency to M6 Jn26, and means you don't need to negotiate Town Centre traffic. Leave your car there and make your way to the DW!
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

No straw damn us wrote:You will also be able to go into the South Stand Bar pre and post match. There is normally a player on stage there who has a chat with the fans pre match and one of the players who has featured in the game post match. It's situated outside the ground underneath the South Stand.
SS Bar is for season ticket holders only
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:You will also be able to go into the South Stand Bar pre and post match. There is normally a player on stage there who has a chat with the fans pre match and one of the players who has featured in the game post match. It's situated outside the ground underneath the South Stand.
Bottom line is if somebody rang the club saying they were attending the DW for the first time to watch Wigan live then the club would allow them to access the SS Bar and probably more. Likewise, several senior supporters club people post here.
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

The South Stand bar is open to all ticket holders for a cup match. You do not need a season ticket just a match ticket. That was the case on Sunday for the Hunslet game. It may get full for the Cas game so you would probably need to get in early both before and after the match.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Forever Warrior wrote:The South Stand bar is open to all ticket holders for a cup match. You do not need a season ticket just a match ticket. That was the case on Sunday for the Hunslet game. It may get full for the Cas game so you would probably need to get in early both before and after the match.
That may have been because it was a cup game.

Don't think you can gain entry easily for a SL game
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

llanelli scarlet warrior wrote:Can get 2 nights there for £58 !!!!!!!!!!!!! happy days, just need confirmation of day game is on and tickets
I think your better off in the town centre one, it's literally 5 mins walk into town, and if you don't mind walking only 20mins to the ground. So you can have a beer and stroll back after the game. Hope you enjoy your visit. :)
I was going to buy a book called "The Power of Positive Thinking", and then I thought: What good would that do?
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Martin,

May I recommend the Brocket Hotel(Weatherspoons)which is reasonable for accommodation, food and drink. and by the time the match is played, the new Premier Inn near the town centre may be open and they may even have opening special offers on accommodation.
That's scary I was in there last night. We must meet up for a pint WW.

Also, if our Welsh family are feeling flush they could go for a hospitality package and may well meet some of the players/ management it's not too expensive.

Alternatively give the Marketing guys a ring and see what they can arrange - I reckon they could roll the red carpet out for fans from Wales!!

And then there's the resident DJ from Wish FM Bilko can he get the radio station to do a feature on the radio ?

If you don't get any joy a mate of mine is a cousin of Sir Ian L so I might be able to swing something there!!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
llanelli scarlet warrior

Post by llanelli scarlet warrior »

cpwigan wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
Bottom line is if somebody rang the club saying they were attending the DW for the first time to watch Wigan live then the club would allow them to access the SS Bar and probably more. Likewise, several senior supporters club people post here.
I have emailed the club to ask when tickets would be on sale , this game would be ideal for us as we cant make the fri night games for obvious reasons.