Radio coverage v Hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Radio coverage v Hull

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:The size of the station is irrelevant. If Stevo talks bollocks about Jaffa Cakes he would get slated and likewise if local radio commentators talk bollocks about jaffa cakes they deserves exactly the same unless we are being hypocritical.
Well I enjoyed it and I will thank you to keep your petty insults to yourself whenever someone has the unmitigated gall to disagree with your opinions. This is a forum and everyone is entitled to think for themselves
magsrads

Post by magsrads »

Breathe Gentlemen - each to his own ... chill ... we won the game isn't that more important?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

cpwigan wrote:The size of the station is irrelevant. If Stevo talks bollocks about Jaffa Cakes he would get slated and likewise if local radio commentators talk bollocks about jaffa cakes they deserves exactly the same unless we are being hypocritical.
Agreed - they were pretending to be someone they're not, in the faint hope of appearing to be entertaining, a la Andrew Voss - who is seriously funny on occasions, but centres his comments around the rugby, without digressing.
Just concentrate on the rugby which happens to be the only real reason listeners have tuned in.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
Charnock_Warrio​r​ wrote:Hats off to the commentary on Wish FM - pure entertainment. Turn the sound down in future on sky and listen to Bilko and Joe. How you can get a discussion on Jaffa Cakes introduced into a commentary on Rugby League was pure class. However the comment on the commentary box being so far away from the pitch it has a different post code had us lot in stitches. Keep up the good work.
Well said!
No offence but you are both talking bollocks. If Eddie and Stevo had wasted minutes of a commentary on jaffa cakes then you would have heaped criticism upon them.

The best commentators commentate on the game. Tonight they were trying too hard to mimic the worst commentators.
For once you are talking sense :lol:
Charnock_Warrior

Post by Charnock_Warrior »

Well that's the last time I will be posting and visiting this forum. Absolutely disgraceful how you can be slammed for commenting on something you and your family thought was worth laughing at!!!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

just as its the vogue to bag stevo its also the vogue to say bilkos commentary is wonderful.Didn't hear "Jaffagate" but if Stevo had said it think he would have got a right (and justified) slagging off
Major T

Post by Major T »

Charnock_Warrio​r​ wrote:Well that's the last time I will be posting and visiting this forum. Absolutely disgraceful how you can be slammed for commenting on something you and your family thought was worth laughing at!!!
This is a discussion forum. Do you expect everyone to agree? cpwigan is an expert at everything from commentating to coaching to forum moderating so don't worry too much about him disagreeing.

I thought the commentary was alright and I don't mind them having a bit of fun depending on the time in the game. Just as long as it is funny and not all the time.
Wigan Warriors 2013

"Lions led by donkeys"
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

doc wrote:Coverage of Latics is on 5Live and Sky yet both WISH and Radio Manchester have chosen to broadcast the football over the radio and only make the rugby coverage available on line.

IT'S RIDICULOUS!!!
To respond to this - the football rights don't allow online broadcasting, whereas Rugby League is open to allowing online coverage for everyone, so generally stations will go with Football on FM and Rugby online. It's not ideal but at least online is an option for Rugby.
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

cpwigan wrote:
No offence but you are both talking bollocks. If Eddie and Stevo had wasted minutes of a commentary on jaffa cakes then you would have heaped criticism upon them.

[/quote]

We were actually responding to what the listeners were discussing on the twitter feed - they started it! I've no idea why to be honest, I was busy at the game, but thats the way it was.

I do appreciate some don't like the interaction we have sometimes with the twitter feed during commentaries but generally we get a good response to it (interaction can be read here: https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q ... t&src=typd).

Wish is primarily a music station so our target audience is by default younger than the BBC. The BBC is always there though and it's good everyone has the choice. BBC Manchester were there behind us doing a good commentary as ever.
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Well we were listening to it here in Florida and thoroughly enjoyed the commentary. Keep up the good work Bilko and Joe. Will be tuning in again next week.