Scott Taylor to Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Scott Taylor to Salford

Post by jobo »

old hooker wrote:Considering the amount he cost Fielden was one of the worst signings we made.Taylor has been good for most of the time he hasbeen here.Let him go and good luck to the lad.
When Stuart signed people forget now, how dire the situation at Wigan was back then. At the time, he was probably one of the top three props in the world, playing for the best club in superleague (at the time).

To prize him away was always going to cost but what amazes me is how this is still held against him.

He never at any time gave less than his best and his best at times was as good as it got.

As for Scott Taylor, you could argue that he's been much more mercenary than Fielden ever was. Sign as a relative unknown for a big club, get your value up and then walk away from your contract.

I know what I'd rather have playing for us.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
jobo wrote: Wrong.
It's all about opinions!!
And yours is wrong :D
Prove it! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: It's all about opinions!!
And yours is wrong :D
Prove it! :wink:
:lol:
menpond

Post by menpond »

ALL OK Butwe still lost a Grand Final thru mismanaging our props.
mp
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

mickw wrote:Scott Taylor has the making of a great prop for club and country, is he a numpty or is he yet another to fall foul of the shaun wane robotic era.
Seems like SW is pretty much winning over everyone - even negative posts are calling it an "era"! If he builds more than one team it will be a dynasty.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:
God wrote:The best prop forward Wigan had, I tipped him to become one of the best, if not the best prop in superleague.

Now....I don't think so, absolutely stupid, he strikes me as a bit of a moron. Not because he has gone and I'm bitter. I've never slagged a player off once he leaves NEVER but this one I'm going to take exception.

Wane is alluding to a massive sense of relief now he's gone, abit of a bad influence behind the scenes, seems like a perpetual moaner. We obviously can't push blame on Taylor for winning nothing last year but it's a small factor and these add up over the course of the season. Wane has alluded to this also.

All in all good riddance take your moaning and self centre elsewhere.
There are two sides to every story and the fact he has agreed to join Salford for a year when it doesn't get him to Hull right away says a lot to me.

He didn't have to leave Wigan. He could have sat the year out and there is nothing Wigan could have done.

Looks very much like he wanted to get away rather than put up with being a labeled an negative influence, which for the club to mention this in a press release is bad form.

It stands out like a sore thumb he's been sidelined by Wane.

As you and others have pointed out he could have commuted so how come he and the club were not able to come to a sensible arrangement here?

He had a grin the size of a Cheshire Cat with the SL trophy in hand so for this to go pear shaped in so short a time after doesn't just reflect badly on him and its just as much poor man management on the clubs part IMO.

Our loss is Salford and presumably Hulls gain.

And I bet IL and SW had a even bigger smile with getting a transfer fee and termination of a contract for a player who no longer wished to play for us.

Good business on the part of the management as far as I am concerned.

And I am more inclined to think that it is more Taylor's loss and Wigan's gain!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

yokozuna wrote:
DaveO wrote:
God wrote:The best prop forward Wigan had, I tipped him to become one of the best, if not the best prop in superleague.

Now....I don't think so, absolutely stupid, he strikes me as a bit of a moron. Not because he has gone and I'm bitter. I've never slagged a player off once he leaves NEVER but this one I'm going to take exception.

Wane is alluding to a massive sense of relief now he's gone, abit of a bad influence behind the scenes, seems like a perpetual moaner. We obviously can't push blame on Taylor for winning nothing last year but it's a small factor and these add up over the course of the season. Wane has alluded to this also.

All in all good riddance take your moaning and self centre elsewhere.
There are two sides to every story and the fact he has agreed to join Salford for a year when it doesn't get him to Hull right away says a lot to me.

He didn't have to leave Wigan. He could have sat the year out and there is nothing Wigan could have done.

Looks very much like he wanted to get away rather than put up with being a labeled an negative influence, which for the club to mention this in a press release is bad form.

It stands out like a sore thumb he's been sidelined by Wane.

As you and others have pointed out he could have commuted so how come he and the club were not able to come to a sensible arrangement here?

He had a grin the size of a Cheshire Cat with the SL trophy in hand so for this to go pear shaped in so short a time after doesn't just reflect badly on him and its just as much poor man management on the clubs part IMO.

Our loss is Salford and presumably Hulls gain.

I disagree. Wane and Radlinski are absolutely right to sideline and move on a player who is no longer interested in being part of the team.

If he doesn't want to be at the club, then why should the club want him there?
Taylor like any prop knows he needs to be active and playing. Wigan get money for a player whose heart was for whatever reason no longer here. Personally, my concern for Taylor is will he ever realise his potential.

Wigan have enough prop forwards, lets use and develop ones that want to be here!

I am also glad For Salford as I want them to do well in 2015. The Dr is one of the best things to happen to RL in recent seasons.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Am I the only one thinking that maybe the Wigan regime was too tough for Taylor?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

The booze hound wrote:Am I the only one thinking that maybe the Wigan regime was too tough for Taylor?
It's certainly a possibility!!

Same for Powell, Lauaki, Dudson and Hopkins even though he is not a prop. Wane certainly expects a lot from his props and it seems only the strongest survive!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I definitely think that there is two sides to this story and more to it than we've been told by the club. I rate wane very highly as a coach but do think that there is issues within the club.