wigan camp

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
KOOCH

Re: wigan camp

Post by KOOCH »

I posted on this forum on sunday in defence of young Joe Burgess because whilst I agree his head is already in Australia the team are not helping matters by playing cheap thugby instead of playing rugby.I never mentioned Mr Wane because I have become increasingly frustrated with him for quite some time but did not want to go down the cpw route of always having a go no matter the end result.But it is now time for me to join the Wane must go brigade.I was never a fan of Brian Noble because of his boring style of play.But in all honesty I find the lets smash everbody's head in mentality very boring and predictable.I'm not averse to the odd punch up and have been know to get very vocal when it happens.But how many times must I be putting my head in my hands at every penalty given away for being down right stupid and thuggish.We used to be an exciting team to watch with flowing rugby that delighted my non rugby friends whenever I took them to a game.But how is todays rugby supposed to excite or entice anyone to become a convert to our game if all we are know for is thuggery.For god sake we where all over the damned media for the wrong reasons in October without expounding the image of what people already believe about Wigan Rugby Club. If Mr Lenegan cannot see the cracks appearing then someone should be shouting loudly in his ears. We want the rugby we are accustomed to at Wigan quick flowing rugby. With if needs be (not a priority)a little rough stuff but with the knowledge that you don't win games by fighting every two minutes.Get back to playing rugby and leave the fighting to the boxers and cage fighters.If Wane won't listen Lenegan then get rid.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

KOOCH wrote:I posted on this forum on sunday in defence of young Joe Burgess because whilst I agree his head is already in Australia the team are not helping matters by playing cheap thugby instead of playing rugby.I never mentioned Mr Wane because I have become increasingly frustrated with him for quite some time but did not want to go down the cpw route of always having a go no matter the end result.But it is now time for me to join the Wane must go brigade.I was never a fan of Brian Noble because of his boring style of play.But in all honesty I find the lets smash everbody's head in mentality very boring and predictable.I'm not averse to the odd punch up and have been know to get very vocal when it happens.But how many times must I be putting my head in my hands at every penalty given away for being down right stupid and thuggish.We used to be an exciting team to watch with flowing rugby that delighted my non rugby friends whenever I took them to a game.But how is todays rugby supposed to excite or entice anyone to become a convert to our game if all we are know for is thuggery.For god sake we where all over the damned media for the wrong reasons in October without expounding the image of what people already believe about Wigan Rugby Club. If Mr Lenegan cannot see the cracks appearing then someone should be shouting loudly in his ears. We want the rugby we are accustomed to at Wigan quick flowing rugby. With if needs be (not a priority)a little rough stuff but with the knowledge that you don't win games by fighting every two minutes.Get back to playing rugby and leave the fighting to the boxers and cage fighters.If Wane won't listen Lenegan then get rid.
SPOT ON KOOCH.
BriH

Post by BriH »

KOOCH wrote:I posted on this forum on sunday in defence of young Joe Burgess because whilst I agree his head is already in Australia the team are not helping matters by playing cheap thugby instead of playing rugby.I never mentioned Mr Wane because I have become increasingly frustrated with him for quite some time but did not want to go down the cpw route of always having a go no matter the end result.But it is now time for me to join the Wane must go brigade.I was never a fan of Brian Noble because of his boring style of play.But in all honesty I find the lets smash everbody's head in mentality very boring and predictable.I'm not averse to the odd punch up and have been know to get very vocal when it happens.But how many times must I be putting my head in my hands at every penalty given away for being down right stupid and thuggish.We used to be an exciting team to watch with flowing rugby that delighted my non rugby friends whenever I took them to a game.But how is todays rugby supposed to excite or entice anyone to become a convert to our game if all we are know for is thuggery.For god sake we where all over the damned media for the wrong reasons in October without expounding the image of what people already believe about Wigan Rugby Club. If Mr Lenegan cannot see the cracks appearing then someone should be shouting loudly in his ears. We want the rugby we are accustomed to at Wigan quick flowing rugby. With if needs be (not a priority)a little rough stuff but with the knowledge that you don't win games by fighting every two minutes.Get back to playing rugby and leave the fighting to the boxers and cage fighters.If Wane won't listen Lenegan then get rid.
Spot on.

I've watched RL for nigh on 60 years and I've always thought that if you get the basics right then the rest looks after itself.
Giving away unnecessary penalties is fatal these days.
At the moment Wigan have no 'game management' - to quote Bilko. 13 individuals who aren't playing as a team.
Need Shaun Edwards asap!
jobo

Post by jobo »

This thread is a load of b@llocks and some of the assumptions being made are mind boggling.
We've played some truly sweet rugby in the past 4 games and with even a slightly less error rate would have won all 4 easily.
I'd be miles more concerned if we'd done as Sts did against Souths.
As for Bilko mentioning game management, what a joke. How can you even talk about that as a symptom when pro players make as many errors as we do.
Wane is the right man for the job and it's about time that so called supporters start supporting him especially now that things are looking rough.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

jobo wrote:This thread is a load of b@llocks and some of the assumptions being made are mind boggling.
We've played some truly sweet rugby in the past 4 games and with even a slightly less error rate would have won all 4 easily.
As for Bilko mentioning game management, what a joke. How can you even talk about that as a symptom when pro players make as many errors as we do.
Wane is the right man for the job and it's about time that so called supporters start supporting him especially now that things are looking rough.
Well said
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

jobo wrote:This thread is a load of b@llocks and some of the assumptions being made are mind boggling.
Jobo, I think you will find that the most are.

p.s. Get you tin hat on!

x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Shall we all have white sticks to go with that blind faith ? :wink:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
It did not take long for one who will never have a white stick to reply, even if everything was perfect.

Jobo is entitled to say what he did without that kind of sacastic comment just because you don't agree with him and from what I have seen on this website never will.
superleague

Post by superleague »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
It did not take long for one who will never have a white stick to reply, even if everything was perfect.

Jobo is entitled to say what he did without that kind of sacastic comment just because you don't agree with him and from what I have seen on this website never will.
That's quite ironic there WW because your one of the first ones to pipe up if someone says a bad thing about your precious Wane. Wane can do no wrong in some people's eyes because he's a passionate wiganer and he's brought youngsters into the team, I'm afraid there's no sentiment in sport and wane is not the man to take Wigan rugby forward IMO
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

sc74 wrote:
bill.inger wrote:Very true Mike, all across the board we had better players then than five years later. Also, let's not forget that this was a side Noble cobbled together. I was delighted when wane got the job but now I'm disillusioned about his or Wigan's future. I fearhe's been left behind by people who don't see brutality in training as the way forward. Surely kicking lumps off your team mates isn't a form of discipline pro league players need. As for Farrell, well, to tell him he's an enforcer was the best way to get him a hard time on the pitch. There are always players who say "so you're a hard man now eh?, cop for this then" BANG, he doesn't want to know, lies on, knocks on, out of position, but Wane leaves him on because he's an enforcer. Wane will never change his ideas or system, he's yesterdays man, out of ideas and almost, just almost out of time.
Absolutely agree.
#

BUT that applies to nearly all SL clubs does it not so it is relative is it not?

The initial team Madge inherited was not that spectacular. We even had to keep Deacs out of retirement.