Ratchford

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Ratchford

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

jobo wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: I would be!!

Swap for Hampshire at 6? would anyone?[/quote]

For Hampshire. Not in a million years.

Ratchford had his chance and snubbed Wigan. That boat sailed many moons ago.Not going to happen imo.
He didn't exactly snub us.

My info is that he was prepared to accept a lower offer than the one he got from Wire but not as low as Wigan were offering. That's hardly snubbing us, more like him looking after his financial security.

I wouldn't swap him for Hampshire but he would certainly be a great signing for us. He can cover any position in the back line and will make a great loose forward in the coming years.
Sorry Jobo but he DID snub Wigan in fact twice the first was the same terms as Wire where offering and the second time it was more. Please don't ask me to prove it because I can't. Just know that this happened. That's why imo his bridges are burn't.But hey lets wait and see.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
jobo wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote: He didn't exactly snub us.

My info is that he was prepared to accept a lower offer than the one he got from Wire but not as low as Wigan were offering. That's hardly snubbing us, more like him looking after his financial security.

I wouldn't swap him for Hampshire but he would certainly be a great signing for us. He can cover any position in the back line and will make a great loose forward in the coming years.
Sorry Jobo but he DID snub Wigan in fact twice the first was the same terms as Wire where offering and the second time it was more. Please don't ask me to prove it because I can't. Just know that this happened. That's why imo his bridges are burn't.But hey lets wait and see.
I can vouch for that as I was at a hospitality function at the DW when one of the directors came up to our table and announced the the other guys that Ratchford had turned down a deal with Wigan exactly the same as Warrington's, excluding the usual add ons that Moron can provide at Wire. 6 months later Warrington officially announced his coming.
Hampshire 100% over Ratchford for mine.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Like many of you, I'm of the opinion that Ratchford had his chance and I was upset when he chose the wire over us. However, he's a good player and at this moment, is a better all round player than Ryan. We all see great potential in Ryan and hope he fulfils it but he isn't there yet. How many players have we seen that don't improve after a very promising start to their careers? Secondly, is Ryan keen to stay? Several posts seem to imply or have implied that he's thought about leaving. I wouldn't take Ratchford over Ryan but it's a close call and I'd be very happy with both. Ratchford can cover several positions and he's a decent kicker. I don't think he's reached the heights that some expected but perhaps he would do if he played for us.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Arguably one of the most consistent players at Warrington, and definitely versatile.

Don't know about the history, but if he was available he'd be an asset to the team. How old is he now? Wouldn't let Hampshire go as part of any deal though.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

He'll be available when he's 30, unless anyone wants to fork out a tidy screw before then.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Warrington not doing as well as when they signed him may be a reason, if true of course!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Quite amazing how he is the devil because he didn't sign for us and said a few cheeky words about the club, yet players can get away with using cocaine, gauging players eyes, manhandling refs and generally pooping all over the club, yet certain fans seem to let that type of behaviour go due to the player being local and coming through the academy system, it beggars belief some of the thinking on here sometimes :roll: btw i know Ratchford is from Wigan before anyone tries to get clever
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Warrington not doing as well as when they signed him may be a reason, if true of course!
I can assure you that it is true.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

medlocke wrote:Quite amazing how he is the devil because he didn't sign for us and said a few cheeky words about the club, yet players can get away with using cocaine, gauging players eyes, manhandling refs and generally pooping all over the club, yet certain fans seem to let that type of behaviour go due to the player being local and coming through the academy system, it beggars belief some of the thinking on here sometimes :roll: btw i know Ratchford is from Wigan before anyone tries to get clever
What beggars believe is that you think you are the only one with the correct opinion of people.And before anyone tries to get clever never called ratchford a devil just said he had his chance and missed it. and it is MY OPINION.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Pity gaz hock didn't poop or else he could have took the credit for all them things med
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE