Ratchford

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Ratchford

Post by Panchitta Marra »

superleague wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
superleague wrote: I don't normally agree with Whelley on anything :D but I agree on this I'd rather have ratchford, IMO Hampshire is vastly overrated
Have you watched Hampshire play in the youth set up SL?
Not been many better players throughout the whole of the U16's to U21's than Ryan Hampshire.
I would guess that every Superleague club are now clamoring over his signature, as others on here have already stated.
I'll admit I'm not devoted academy fan, I watch them when I get chance. I'm not saying he's sh*t just that he seriously overrated going of what I've seen of him especially at SL level, maybe he will prove me wrong. He just doesn't seem to have that line breaking running threat of Williams
The thing that Hampshire does have is that very line braking running threat that you mention SL.
Had he been playing more constantly at Stand Off I honestly think we would see that.
If you think George is quick of the mark, you can add another couple of yards to that with Ryan, he is really quick. :)
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Warrior20 wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:The rumour says Ratchford wants to play for Wigan and if anyone noticed, he give the 'Joining Jack' salute after he scored against Saints.

Now, why would he do that when even Wigan players no longer do it?
Owen Farrell did it for Saracens the other day, does he want to play for Wigan as well.
Sorry, I did not know that as I do not watch the inferior code.

Plus the fact that Ratchford appears to be loyal to the code that made him!
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Warrior20 wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:The rumour says Ratchford wants to play for Wigan and if anyone noticed, he give the 'Joining Jack' salute after he scored against Saints.

Now, why would he do that when even Wigan players no longer do it?
Owen Farrell did it for Saracens the other day, does he want to play for Wigan as well.
Sorry, I did not know that as I do not watch the inferior code.

Plus the fact that Ratchford appears to be loyal to the code that made him!
I saw it on Joining Jacks FB page.
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

I've seen some New Zealand Warriors players do the Joining Jack sign on Premier sports as well after scoring. Bradley Wiggins did it after winning the Tour De France. Its not just a Wigan Rugby thing.
superleague

Post by superleague »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
superleague wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: Have you watched Hampshire play in the youth set up SL?
Not been many better players throughout the whole of the U16's to U21's than Ryan Hampshire.
I would guess that every Superleague club are now clamoring over his signature, as others on here have already stated.
I'll admit I'm not devoted academy fan, I watch them when I get chance. I'm not saying he's sh*t just that he seriously overrated going of what I've seen of him especially at SL level, maybe he will prove me wrong. He just doesn't seem to have that line breaking running threat of Williams
The thing that Hampshire does have is that very line braking running threat that you mention SL.
Had he been playing more constantly at Stand Off I honestly think we would see that.
If you think George is quick of the mark, you can add another couple of yards to that with Ryan, he is really quick. :)
I respect your opinion of how much you rate Ryan, but it seems wether right or wrong the coaching staff seem to lean more towards my thinking and if the rumours are true Ryan won't be a Wigan player much longer
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Given Wane's comments today about the new marquee player ruling will him to avoid some 'sacrifices' it seems to me that once Sam is back we will be spending close to the cap limit. There won't be enough money for an expensive signing like Ratchford even if he was available. I think our squad next year will be very similar to this season plus Sam minus Joe Burgess and Matty Bowen and a couple of players from: Jack Hughes, Logan Tomkins, Larne Patrick, Greg Burke and Joe Greenwood.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

southportcdm wrote:Given Wane's comments today about the new marquee player ruling will him to avoid some 'sacrifices' it seems to me that once Sam is back we will be spending close to the cap limit. There won't be enough money for an expensive signing like Ratchford even if he was available. I think our squad next year will be very similar to this season plus Sam minus Joe Burgess and Matty Bowen and a couple of players from: Jack Hughes, Logan Tomkins, Larne Patrick, Greg Burke and Joe Greenwood.
We usually spend under the salary cap limit (circa £100k). Sam, if he is the marquee player, will only cost £100k against the cap. I assume that Matty Bowen is paid in excess of £100k, with Budgie on a much lower salary, so we will still have room under the cap in 2016. The big issue for me is, can Lockers go round again? If not then that would free a sizeable chunk to spend on another/other players. I think that we will see at least one more new face in 2016.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jobo

Post by jobo »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
southportcdm wrote:Given Wane's comments today about the new marquee player ruling will him to avoid some 'sacrifices' it seems to me that once Sam is back we will be spending close to the cap limit. There won't be enough money for an expensive signing like Ratchford even if he was available. I think our squad next year will be very similar to this season plus Sam minus Joe Burgess and Matty Bowen and a couple of players from: Jack Hughes, Logan Tomkins, Larne Patrick, Greg Burke and Joe Greenwood.
We usually spend under the salary cap limit (circa £100k). Sam, if he is the marquee player, will only cost £100k against the cap. I assume that Matty Bowen is paid in excess of £100k, with Budgie on a much lower salary, so we will still have room under the cap in 2016. The big issue for me is, can Lockers go round again? If not then that would free a sizeable chunk to spend on another/other players. I think that we will see at least one more new face in 2016.
IL has already hinted at that. There's a couple of the Queensland old farts, as they've been referred to, who might fancy a dabble over here. With Logan going, just imagine if Cameron Smith replaces him.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

What makes you think Ratchford is or will be an expensive signing?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Warrington were pretty poor tonight and were lucky that Catalan literally threw the game away when the had the chance to go two scores clear.

But Ratchford, despite a dodgy moment early on, had a very good game and deservedly got the MOTM. Not sure where he'd play for Wigan, but I'd definitely be happy to see him join the club.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.