Paul Johnson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Paul J...

Post by Mike »

Deltic3 posted:
The reason that he gets stick from the fans is because the fans can see that he isn't good enough. They never gave Ellery or Edwards stick did they?
Well....

Ellery certainly didn't take a lot of stick, but Edwards well that is a different story. He used to be booed at every match by a section of the crowd. at Central Park It affected his game a lot. It was only in later years with Wigan that he developed into the hero with the fans that he is today.

Personally, I think Johnson's development has been hampered by injuries throughout the last three seasons. I'd give him until the end of this year and then re-evaluate his form and potential. His tackling style is a worry at the moment, but this can be corrected by quality coaching.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Grego

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re...

Post by Grego »

At the end of the day i can't see why raper feels he must pick johnson for every game, if he isn't performing then he should be dropped!

I am not one of johnsons greatest fans but he has been a good squad player for us and can fill in at various positions if the need arises. The only problem with this is that there are a lot of good quality young lads coming though at the moment who in my opinion deserve their chance and if paul doesn't raise his game he may even loose a bench spot as it looks certain that we will have a new centre from overseas for next season.

Paul has been around for quite a while now and i feel he hasn't improved any over the last two years and it is down to him to secure a place in the side, not have it gifted to him as seems to be happening at the moment.