Roby

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
sc74

Re: Roby

Post by sc74 »

superleague wrote:I thought I made my point pretty simple and straight forward, regarding how hookers don't DIRECTLY play against one another like say centres do, and the overall PACK and when we dominate FIELD position makes macca look more dominant. IMO Roby is the better player.

Oh and Whelley go carry on licking the windows
He got a warning for questioning people as fans, so now he's reverted to calling someone a Saints fan. Genius.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Stop the sniping & name calling the lot of you or the thread will be locked!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Slim Jim wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: Can you name the games where Roby has out played McIllorum.
If you read what Super league says in his post,which needless to say I agree with, the question doesn't need a reply because his comments preclude it. The question doesn't get off the ground it's irrelevant
I'm just making response to the part where Roby is better than Macca, to which I don't agree with.
I'm not having a knock here but are you a boxer.
If so you know that you are only as good as the bloke your facing in the ring?
You can win all your fights apart from the one boxer that you just can't defeat.
My idea of Roby and Macca is just that, as I haven't yet seen one single game where Roby has gotten the better of Macca, and that's why I was asking SL if he was seeing something different. :)
They don't mark/face one another. so how can anyone say one got the better of the other.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cow yeds wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Slim Jim wrote: If you read what Super league says in his post,which needless to say I agree with, the question doesn't need a reply because his comments preclude it. The question doesn't get off the ground it's irrelevant
I'm just making response to the part where Roby is better than Macca, to which I don't agree with.
You can win all your fights apart from the one boxer that you just can't defeat.
My idea of Roby and Macca is just that, as I haven't yet seen one single game where Roby has gotten the better of Macca, and that's why I was asking SL if he was seeing something different. :)
They don't mark/face one another. so how can anyone say one got the better of the other.
Its just coincidence that Roby goes missing when he plays in games against McIllorum but suddenly picks his game up when he's not facing the bloke.
To say that Hookers don't compete against each other is bollocks.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
cow yeds wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: I'm just making response to the part where Roby is better than Macca, to which I don't agree with.
Its just coincidence that Roby goes missing when he plays in games against McIllorum but suddenly picks his game up when he's not facing the bloke.
To say that Hookers don't compete against each other is bollocks.
Exactly!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

superleague wrote:I thought I made my point pretty simple and straight forward, regarding how hookers don't DIRECTLY play against one another like say centres do, and the overall PACK and when we dominate FIELD position makes macca look more dominant. IMO Roby is the better player.

Oh and Whelley go carry on licking the windows
You made it clear SL, I just don't agree with you!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
markill

Post by markill »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
superleague wrote:Love Roby at Wigan quality player better than macca
Can you name the games where Roby has out played McIllorum.
On Friday he did. Easily. Roby is an exceptional player. MM may have had better games but Roby has had better seasons and a better career.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
mikey

Post by mikey »

The one year he robbed Trent for MOS award 2007 Roby is favourite to win the award every year he's the choice of the pundits every year as we know we have to suffer the non stop praise for him to make it totally insane this year Luke Walsh is forth favourite even though he's only played a couple of times .Micky Mac is respected without doubt by the opposition he gets my vote a true man of steel
TrueBlueWarrior

Exactly God, Roby looks better in the nothing games and when his team are already 20 points up but in the crunch games when it matters he goes missing especially against MM. KC made Roby look better than he is and the muppets at sky still live off that. He is a good player don't get me wrong but when the going gets tough give me MM all day and that's why MM should have played more for England as Roby's international career has been a huge disappointment, I wonder why!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

markill wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
superleague wrote:Love Roby at Wigan quality player better than macca
Can you name the games where Roby has out played McIllorum.
On Friday he did. Easily. Roby is an exceptional player. MM may have had better games but Roby has had better seasons and a better career.
Again Roby was better when McIllorum was off the pitch but not when Mac was on the pitch.
McIllorum playing the full 80 mins and Roby just doesn't do it, and never has.
Roby, better career, how do you come to that, is he paid more, does he enjoy his job more than McIllorum?
It takes a lot to make a career better than just what's seen in the media.