Re: wild?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

The writing has been on the wall for Wild for a while now. He showed potential last season, however a couple of performances aside he has failed to deliver this year

With the departure of Botham it is much more likely that he will stay - as he can cover the 2nd row or centre. However I think that it is very unlikely that he will be a regular starter - and he may not want to stay if that is the case; he would get a lot more game time at the Giants.

That said, it has been very quiet on the Aspinwall and Wild leaving front recently - perhaps a change of heart has occured?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If we were to choose between Wild and Aspinwall, I would keep Wild any day. He could well be an excellent player. He has the lot. I will watch with interest what happens next, but he has been playing without a first team coach telling her what to do for a year and a half. I hope Milly sees sufficient potential to give him a go, as I fear he would do a Briscoe/Long and show us what we are missing if he goes elsewhere.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

Exiled Wiganer posted:
If we were to choose between Wild and Aspinwall, I would keep Wild any day. He could well be an excellent player. He has the lot. I will watch with interest what happens next, but he has been playing without a first team coach telling her what to do for a year and a half. I hope Milly sees sufficient potential to give him a go, as I fear he would do a Briscoe/Long and show us what we are missing if he goes elsewhere.
i never knew he was a she :lol:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Matthew posted:

With the departure of Botham it is much more likely that he will stay
I thought it common knowledge that he had already signed for Huddersfield next season? Announced by Mo at the recent Riversiders meeting??

Likewise Aspinwal has gone the same way.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doveoverdave posted:
ChrisA posted:
I dont really want him to leave as such, but his performances this season have been poor and we cant afford to keep players who dont look interested. He has been slightly better the previous 2 games, but hes been far from superb. When he learns to run straight and doesnt die as soon as he hits a defender I will be alot happier with him.
You could start a new thread with this and call it Danny Orr!!
I think you are being a bit harsh. The last thing you could say about Orr is that he does not look interested. His commitment has been great if his form going forward has not. His kicking game is very good and defence sound.

His attacking play has let him down but that looks to be improving.

Anyway:
http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... Wigan.html

Dave
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

DaveO posted:
I think you are being a bit harsh. The last thing you could say about Orr is that he does not look interested. His commitment has been great if his form going forward has not. His kicking game is very good and defence sound.
Agreed DaveO, Anyone who plays with that much tape on their legs can hardly be accused of "not being interested"

Hopefully Orr has finally found some form and can match his enthusiasm with some skill and tactical play
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Got to be fair and give praise when it's due. He played very well v Hull