Re: Lenegan not happy with Thornley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

My feelings in this thread are clear IL should have kept quiet on how he left,tell him face to face but not in the press it drags him and the club down we have standards as a club and I feel he let himself down by falling into the trap of criticising a former player.

Wish him well but fume in private is and always will be my view.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Does IL open criticism of a player leaving an unintended display that he maybe cracking under the pressure of fans and their opinions of him ?

He does constantly go on about what negative fans feel about him and call him on WiganTV. Even repeating the short arms long pockets quip ! He goes as far as to dismiss their opinions as nonsense.
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:Does IL open criticism of a player leaving an unintended display that he maybe cracking under the pressure of fans and their opinions of him ?

He does constantly go on about what negative fans feel about him and call him on WiganTV. Even repeating the short arms long pockets quip ! He goes as far as to dismiss their opinions as nonsense.
I like IL,there I've said it he's doing his best for the club in my view,you have to have a thick skin when your an owner,you never spend enough,you are never going to get the glory and fans will always have varying views of you it goes with the territory sadly.

Is he cracking under the pressure with this comment,gut feeling no he tried to be a bit controversial and to stop the negative talk over the London game,again I base this solely on these comments on the timing of them in relation to the negative vibes taking hold over that.

Chairman should shut up and say nowt,there job is solely to be the money man and not try and take the limelight from the men on the park he knew that though I wonder though what happens when he decides to retire?
Tuigamala

Post by Tuigamala »

gruffy wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:Does IL open criticism of a player leaving an unintended display that he maybe cracking under the pressure of fans and their opinions of him ?

I like IL,there I've said it he's doing his best for the club in my view,you have to have a thick skin when your an owner,you never spend enough,you are never going to get the glory and fans will always have varying views of you it goes with the territory sadly.

Is he cracking under the pressure with this comment,gut feeling no he tried to be a bit controversial and to stop the negative talk over the London game,again I base this solely on these comments on the timing of them in relation to the negative vibes taking hold over that.

Chairman should shut up and say nowt,there job is solely to be the money man and not try and take the limelight from the men on the park he knew that though I wonder though what happens when he decides to retire?
Totally in agreement I personally think Ian has worked wonders for the club and beyond. He has instilled a very stable business model and seized the opportunity to promote the club further afield. It's no coincidence that he's taking the club to London the real money is down there and even if there isn't a big following for RL in general he's promoting the sport the club and in the process im pretty sure he will be pitching for future investment deals whilst sipping on his port and eytin his blue cheese in the process. He's a clever bloke and we could probably never repay him for dragging the club up from it's knees.

I think he's just had a bit of a senior moment it happens to us all.

:wink:

P.s- If challenging for honours whilst promoting youth and relying less on Australian imports is the best way to sustain the Wigan Club he's got my backing.
"If there is no blood on the line, it is not rugby league"
(Russell Crowe)