Wane to go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Re: Wane to go

Post by 100% Warrior »

I think a big turning point was taking 2 points when Leeds were on the rack at that stage of the match.

Shortly after Leeds score a converted try which puts them back in front, gives them encouragement to dig in and see out the game.

If we'd had the courage to kick for touch with that penalty it could have been us scoring the try and our tails would've been up.

I know we made errors and there was the debacle over Leeds 2nd try but for me that moment was the ball game.
dontshootthemessenger

Post by dontshootthemessenger »

get the try ,and the Grand Final was won -totally agree with 100% Warrior
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Hard to say but the best team won because we weren't good enough to win. Gutted but that's life. Hopefully it makes us better for next year.
mario

Post by mario »

Kol wrote:About time he resigned - no trophies in 2 years - new face and inspiration please
Get a grip
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

Omfg we lost get over it... Sacking waney is not the answer. Some of our fans irritate me with always blaming the coach. We have a very good future. Our so called young players are getting older and more experience. We will win grand final next year.
IN WANE WE TRUST
mario

Post by mario »

Some fans seem to think we have the devine right to win trophies.
There were a lot of post, prior to the start of the season, saying that we wouldn't do anything this year because the squad was too weak. Wane must have some quality to get them to the final, almost win the league leaders shield, without making the big signings that other teams make.
You should be proud if the young lads, rather than slag them off
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

100% Warrior wrote:I think a big turning point was taking 2 points when Leeds were on the rack at that stage of the match.

Shortly after Leeds score a converted try which puts them back in front, gives them encouragement to dig in and see out the game.

If we'd had the courage to kick for touch with that penalty it could have been us scoring the try and our tails would've been up.

I know we made errors and there was the debacle over Leeds 2nd try but for me that moment was the ball game.
Thanks for that.

I've just got home from the game so haven't yet seen it back. I'll save that joy for tomorrow. For now I thought I'd check the forums for comments from those who saw it on TV. My first call was redvee where amongst the overall hilarity was a feeling that Leeds got all the calls and RFL got the game and result required. I want to watch Leeds second try with commentary as that was dubious where I was stood and even Saints fans questioned it.

For now, my question is why in the name of Boneaparte's Balls did we kick for 2 at 18-16 when we had them on the ropes? Another try would have closed the game!

Either way, its over now and I'm definitely buying a season ticket for next year!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

eccywarrior wrote:Omfg we lost get over it... Sacking waney is not the answer. Some of our fans irritate me with always blaming the coach. We have a very good future. Our so called young players are getting older and more experience. We will win grand final next year.
Oh I think sacking Wane would definitely be a step in the right direction because whether you like it or not we are getting worse not better under him. Despite the standard of SL dropping.

You would be singing Wane's praises to the rafters had we won today but you don't like it when fans expect him to carry the can when we lose and end up with no trophy's again. There is no common sense in that.

The playoffs gave Wane and the team a lifeline after a poor season and he could have come up smelling of roses but didn't.

It's not just about a final loss though but two seasons of frustration watching the same mistakes being made regularly and Wane making the same excuses.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

What a load of codswallop!

Think it's about time we started looking further afield instead of blaming the coach every time we lose a game or GF.

The buck does not stop with him!!
---------

I'm gutted for the team, gutted for the fans. We were never going to win that game even if we had 26 of the worlds best players in our side!

How often have Leeds had a slender lead & Sinfield has not gone for a drop goal? Hardly ever!

Not once tonight did he attempt one, even when he was in a good position, but then why should he when they knew they were gonna win. To win by two points only adds to my belief that this game was as stage mangaged as possible against our lads.

As it has been for Leeds in a lot of their tight games. There is no way the RFL were gonna let the two 'golden' boys not go out on a high! Sorry Leuluai, you weren't even in the equation :(
--------

How can the stewards, not see a man get undressed, climb over the barriers & run almost half way along the pitch before they spotted him??

I was about to give marks out of ten for presentation but they eventually tackled him & covered him up :blush: :lol: :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Call me unkind or whatever but don't say that Matty Smith's Mrs had a baby last night and didn't sleep. Don't play him then in that case. We are not a registered charity. He makes his living playing Rugby. He gave away the first try and had that typical " who me?" face on him. So mad right now. And I've given birth twice.