Wane to go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Wane to go

Post by cpwigan »

Obviously the club will have a review and all manner of questions will arise re the coach, the players because the bottom line is;

2 SEASONS AND NOTHING!

Oh BTW; 3 seasons :wink:
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:What a load of codswallop!

Think it's about time we started looking further afield instead of blaming the coach every time we lose a game or GF.

The buck does not stop with him!!
---------

I'm gutted for the team, gutted for the fans. We were never going to win that game even if we had 26 of the worlds best players in our side!

How often have Leeds had a slender lead & Sinfield has not gone for a drop goal? Hardly ever!

Not once tonight did he attempt one, even when he was in a good position, but then why should he when they knew they were gonna win. To win by two points only adds to my belief that this game was as stage mangaged as possible against our lads.

As it has been for Leeds in a lot of their tight games. There is no way the RFL were gonna let the two 'golden' boys not go out on a high! Sorry Leuluai, you weren't even in the equation :(
--------

How can the stewards, not see a man get undressed, climb over the barriers & run almost half way along the pitch before they spotted him??

I was about to give marks out of ten for presentation but they eventually tackled him & covered him up :blush: :lol: :roll:
Good post Josie.

As for the idiot who ran on the pitch, it comes as no surprise as the stewards near me were a waste of space. A group of so called Wigan supporters should have been ejected because of their drunken behaviour, but were allowed to remain and were a pain in the rectum for the rest of the game.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

SO you both believe the GF was fixed :o
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:SO you both believe the GF was fixed :o
Who are both?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:SO you both believe the GF was fixed :o
Who are both?
Josie and yourself.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

God wrote:I'm 100% with you Dave its a broken record, the same issues for 2 years and for 2 years we have won nothing.

We are playing natural second rowers at Prop. Centre has been a huge concern since Goulding and Carmont....still is a huge issue.

A weak all round kicking game except for Green who IOM was an excellent player.

Williams for the frigging millionth time is a sodding Scrum half, he does not have the passing range to be a 6 it's that simple but he persists and persists and persists with it.

MM is an 80 minute player and IMO tonight was vastly under used. Powell is isn't Wigan standard I would have L Tomkins over him in a heartbeat.

Same shit different season and nothing has been addressed. For a bloke like Matty Bowen to bow out of the game having won nothing, when the likes of that arsehole Bailey with a ring makes me sick.

Beaten by on old mans brigade tonight, soddin Dads Army and it all can have been avoided by more astute planning.
They play left and right nowadays, they don't really have a scrum half and stand off playing different roles anymore.

If the ball is on the left hand side and they want to put a wide shot on back the other way it would be Williams at first receiver and vice versa if it was on the other side. The problem last night was the lack of creativity on the last tackle from Smith who was meant to be our main in play kicker.

Twice Joel Tomkins but dire kicks through, Lockers then took it into his own hands with one which lead to a try and that final one from Clubb, seems to me that Smith, whilst not the only one to blame was like a rabbit in the headlights last night. Most of the tackles he was making he wasn't even sticking to first time, we need a quality half back to compliment Williams' flair, someone to get the team around the park confidently.
Up The Mont!
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

TonyH wrote:
God wrote:I'm 100% with you Dave its a broken record, the same issues for 2 years and for 2 years we have won nothing.

We are playing natural second rowers at Prop. Centre has been a huge concern since Goulding and Carmont....still is a huge issue.

A weak all round kicking game except for Green who IOM was an excellent player.

Williams for the frigging millionth time is a sodding Scrum half, he does not have the passing range to be a 6 it's that simple but he persists and persists and persists with it.

MM is an 80 minute player and IMO tonight was vastly under used. Powell is isn't Wigan standard I would have L Tomkins over him in a heartbeat.

Same shit different season and nothing has been addressed. For a bloke like Matty Bowen to bow out of the game having won nothing, when the likes of that arsehole Bailey with a ring makes me sick.

Beaten by on old mans brigade tonight, soddin Dads Army and it all can have been avoided by more astute planning.
They play left and right nowadays, they don't really have a scrum half and stand off playing different roles anymore.

If the ball is on the left hand side and they want to put a wide shot on back the other way it would be Williams at first receiver and vice versa if it was on the other side. The problem last night was the lack of creativity on the last tackle from Smith who was meant to be our main in play kicker.

Twice Joel Tomkins but dire kicks through, Lockers then took it into his own hands with one which lead to a try and that final one from Clubb, seems to me that Smith, whilst not the only one to blame was like a rabbit in the headlights last night. Most of the tackles he was making he wasn't even sticking to first time, we need a quality half back to compliment Williams' flair, someone to get the team around the park confidently.
It's so obvious to everyone, so why doesn't IL get one?
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Well I felt like it was another one that got away. My take on it is with a kicking game half as good as the Leeds one we win easily. With direction from our halves half as good as Leeds we win easily. I don't like pointing out players so will put it this way. We have two options we need a player who can plot our path around a field we don't have one. Or we need speed and impact around the ruck if we are replacing Micky Mac for a period of the game. Either of these sees us winning last night.
We have to see Rocky given a chance next season although the player I think could be the answer is Shorrocks, looks like he's got a great kicking game and can organise. I know I may get shot down but I would love to be able to put Tomkins, Williams, Rocky and Shorrocks all in the same team. Maybe Williams could be the one at 13 it would give us so much speed and creativity with Sam at 1 Rocky 6 and Shorrocks 7. We then need a replacement hooker. It would be great to have a strike centre as well maybe that would be greedy.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
menpond

Post by menpond »

What is with you lot.?/ Wane is paid to win trophies. He is witless. ON AND ON always losing key matches. MB another disaster,so why give him the 2nd year?
mp
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:I think the 2 was neither here nor there but worse it took the pressure off Leeds. A 6 pointer = a GF win.

Ultimately, I think Leeds were there for the taking but we blew it, in the main for the reasons you allude to.

Credit to Leeds though.
From the off I always watch the pre-match warm up routine, maybe sad but I think much can be picked up from it.
In simple terms our routine started 5 mins before theirs and ended 5 mins after it.
Ours seemed near enough the usual with some changes due to it being the old Trafford pitch.
To have a shorter warm up I see as a team that knows they are tired, not exhausting the energy in warm up to try and leave it for the field.
My opinion at that point was that we would win the game having previously put it down as a 2 point loss similar to the bookmakers.
We again struggled to break Leeds down in the final quarter of the pitch having done some good work to get there.
That to me is a team lacking ideas when at the oposition try line, no killer instinct.
Leeds scored one try from passing rugby, attacking Ollie Gildart's side which they saw as weaker.
Other than that we failed to collect 2 kicks which cost us dearly.